cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeguard doesn't work

blake81

Safeguard doesn't work

Broadband went live today and account has been set up with safeguard enabled. I have added categories and websites to the block list and it's still allowing me to access these sites. 

I had spoken to an adviser earlier who informed me that the problem would be sorted out 2 hours after resetting the router. Obviously this wasn't the case, hence my post.

Can anyone offer any advice before I cancel my contract. 

1 REPLY 1
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Safeguard doesn't work

@blake81 - I'm sorry for the trouble, I've had a look and all is right on your account. Safeguard is fooled easily with anything DNS related which means if you use a VPN, use antivirus with it's own VPN to route the traffic to be checked by them, the anti-virus can override our DNS settings to increase security, if you have a 3rd party router, it will not be using our DNS server details, your computer could have manual DNS servers set, if you have powerline adapters or a mesh, they can use other DNS servers than ours.  Here is all the info on DNS servers @ About DNS server and website settings | Help | Plusnet but you wouldn't usually need deal with these as they are managed automatically.

Can I ask do anything of the things mentioned above ring any bells?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team