cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iCloud+ with my own domain name (and not using Plusnet anymore to access it)

lyndonp
Grafter

Using iCloud+ with my own domain name (and not using Plusnet anymore to access it)

I have my own domain name (hosted with Netnerd) which members of the family have their own email address, currently accessed via Plusnet.

With the current email outage and the fact Plusnet only allow 1Gb for all mailboxes I am considering switching it into iCloud+

From all the info It appears only 3 email addresses are allowed per domain in the iCloud+ setup which I can live (there is a fourth but I can get rid of it)

Has anybody else done this and if so does it work OK?

(I am considering purchasing a cheap domain just to test it out before I make the jump)

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Using iCloud+ with my own domain name (and not using Plusnet anymore to access it)

Moderator’s Note

This topic has been moved from Email to Tech Help

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Using iCloud+ with my own domain name (and not using Plusnet anymore to access it)

Yes I've done it for one of my lesser used domains.
It's fine, was easy straightforward to set up.
Just changed the settings in my registrar (cloudflare).
Iirc you need to be able to receive an email on the domain first, prior to moving to validate ownership.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
lyndonp
Grafter

I set up a test domain with Netnerd who host my proper domain and got it working this afternoon on both mine and the wife's iPhone eventually. Some odd issues with family sharing not allowing the setting up of an email address for her but all sorted now. Just need my son to set it up and "approve" and I will move the proper domain over.