cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housephone

yexley2010

Housephone

Housephone not been working for a couple of days, as well as WiFi but that's sorted since I renewed my contract just can't now use housephone, calls don't go through and there is no ringtone, everything seems to be connected but maybe might need to wait a bit for phone line to come back on after renewed contract, any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Housephone

@yexley2010 I don't think that is related. Suggest you try the phone 'bot' - https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if the contract renewal switched the line from FTTC to SoGEA ?

jab1
Legend

Good point @Anonymous  - but should a 'renewal' do that without advising the customer?

John
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jab1 My contract renewal a couple of weeks ago was a change to SOGEA which seems to be the norm these days. So looks like the same thing has happened here. I think you need to specifically ask for your existing phone service to be continued and it would probably cost more than SOGEA.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 50

@yexley2010 

If you have been changed to SOGEA you've lost your phone service - and you won't get it back.

If your phone number matters to you you need to phone PN Support urgently, confirm if you're on SOGEA and ask what date you were moved on.

You have 30 days from this date to "port" the number to a VOIP porvider. There are many to choose from but A&A seem to get good reviews on this forum.

https://www.aa.net.uk/voice-and-mobile/voip-information/

Brian

jab1
Legend

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@jab1 My contract renewal a couple of weeks ago was a change to SOGEA which seems to be the norm these days. So looks like the same thing has happened here. I think you need to specifically ask for your existing phone service to be continued and it would probably cost more than SOGEA.

Cheers, @RealAleMadrid . As I'm 'ex-PN' I didn't realise they were pulling this trick - at least my ISP gave me a months notice when they decided to switch me - and I didn't lose my phone, as they switched me to their version of 'Digital Voice', at no cost.

John
Mark63
Rising Star

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

I renewed my contract last month, and was SOGEA'd. To be fair, it was pointed out that I'd lose my landline quite prominently during the on line process (and before I pushed the 'Commit' button)