cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bill almost 2 months after leaving

MrKvee
Dabbler

New bill almost 2 months after leaving

I ported 2 numbers over to EE on Nov 16th and later received bills showing a £2.32 rebate on each - This was later paid into my account via direct debit. Today I have received a bill for one of those numbers for £12.32 and it states that this amount will be taken back out of my account on Jan 9th. I have tried calling support, but all mobile service support numbers state "Sorry, this number is now closed" and all the broadband service support numbers state that they cannot help me.

I have ported numbers before and I have never had this happen and obviously do not wish to end up being billed for a service that I have not used. Any help would be appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Re: New bill almost 2 months after leaving

@MrKvee I am going to PM you for the details and I will sort it for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MrKvee
Dabbler

Thanks for any help you can offer. I sent you a reply to your DM as soon as it appeared, but have heard nothing since. I assume it did arrive and I didn't somehow mess things up?

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Suggest cancelling the Direct Debit at your bank. That doesn't stop PN chasing you for these unjustifiable charges, but it means they can't just help themselves to your money.

My experience leaving Plusnet phone and broadband a few years ago, and recently leaving Plusnet mobile, tells me everyone should cancel their DD once the last valid bill has been paid. Plusnet can't be trusted to shutdown billing and collection. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for the message Gary, I just need to ask a few questions to pass account security with you next. 

Can you get back to me with the following please?

Characters 4&9 from "your memorable place"

The last 2 digits from your bank account number

The last 2 from the sort code

Adam - Plusnet Sheffield

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrKvee
Dabbler

I have sent the requested information via a PM

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Brill, thanks a lot for that, so it looks like we owe you an apology, it's our fault and we owe you the tenner back. You might have time to cancel the direct debit so it doesn't come out and we'll credit it off from our side after to make it right or if it's is too late, well refund it.

Please let us know if you want to either cancel the direct debit or let the payment come out and get it refunded? Cheers and I'm sorry again for the mistake.

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Please can you let me know by replying to the PM. Cheers

Plusnet Help Team
MrKvee
Dabbler

I have now received ANOTHER bill for another £10. This issue is still not resolved. The DD is cancelled, but you keep trying to take money anyway. Please can someone amend the bills, close my mobile account and provide me email based confirmation?

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, can you PM us so we can help as I can't chat about your account and security publicly. Thanks

Plusnet Help Team
MrKvee
Dabbler

I will send a PM, but I would like to point out that I have answered the questions through PM more than once and on the last two occasions have received no further contact, so I presumed it was sorted out.

MrKvee
Dabbler

I sent a PM on Friday as asked and am still waiting for any sort of reply. I am starting to wonder if they are somehow going astray because this is the third time in a row. Can you confirm that you are receiving them?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@MrKvee you may have the same problem as me - PMs are not always received by staff. I have sent several that have not been received - I would tag the appropriate member of staff here when you have sent a PM. They then know there should be one, and if they can't see it they may be able to suggest something else.

MrKvee
Dabbler

@James30 I received several PMs from you last month and I have sent multiple PMs in reply, but none of them have been replied to, so on the advice of another forum member I am tagging you here.

If you are, in fact, not receiving these PMs, could you please let me know and advise me of how I can give you any necessary information to get this dealt with? Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry that you've not heard back from us. Mind sending me a PM with the mobile number please? - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team