cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection

Trace67
Dabbler

Disconnection

Hello I've been with plus net for a number of years now. Until the last couple of days everything has been fine. But now I'm constantly getting pop ups saying I've been disconnected and then within seconds another saying you have been re connected? I can't seem to find why I'm suddenly having this issue. Could someone help pls?
13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Disconnection

@Trace67 Welcome to the forums. Are you on an FTTC connection, which router do you have?

John
Trace67
Dabbler

I think it's hub 2..i emailed back but it got blocked for some reason! What is FTTC?
jab1
Legend

Do you mean you have reported this issue to Plusnet? Email is not a support channel, so you won't get a reply.

FTTC is the way I'm guessing you are supplied (Fibre To The Cabinet).

John
Trace67
Dabbler

I've been trying to report it, it said to send a text which I've done but have heard no more back. I am unlimited fibre. I have only just renewed my contract with them. I've never had problems before and already it's disconnected again as I write this. My tv is going through WiFi too so it keeps going off
jab1
Legend

OK - so you are on FTTC as I suspected. I suspect you won't hear much until tomorrow - the Support Desk closes at 8PM.

If you don't hear anything by midday, post back and I, or another Community member will try and help.

John
Trace67
Dabbler

Ok thank you. At the moment it's gone off completely so I'm relying on my phone signal. Thank you for your help I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon then
jab1
Legend

If you can, check this topic tomorrow morning. My eyes (and brain) are getting tired, but I may have further suggestions.

John
Trace67
Dabbler

Will do! I'm just getting annoyed with it now so I best get off and turn in for the night b4 I explode
jab1
Legend

@Trace67 When you say 'I sent a text', did you do it via https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/ , or just as a text?

Can you please follow the below:

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

The above assumes you still have 'normal' landline connection - if you have a SOGEA (internet only) one the only option is to call Plusnet - 0330 123 9123

John
Trace67
Dabbler

Hi I don't have a home phone only my mobile. The Wi-Fi has been ok all day up to now and it's going off and on again. I just sent a normal text which is what I read to do but I've heard nothing back, it was to an 07800 number
Trace67
Dabbler

Thank you John that link or reporting a problem is how I did it but haven't had any response back
jab1
Legend

OK, @Trace67 . I'll get back to you in a while - otherwise engaged at the moment.

John
jab1
Legend

@Trace67 wrote:
Hi I don't have a home phone only my mobile. The Wi-Fi has been ok all day up to now and it's going off and on again. I just sent a normal text which is what I read to do but I've heard nothing back, it was to an 07800 number

@Trace67 that sounds like the correct number. What did you send in the text?

John