cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show appt, Plusnet booked wrong kind of engineer - Amateurs!

Jmaccx

Engineer no show appt, Plusnet booked wrong kind of engineer - Amateurs!

Rang regarding slow speed connection Thu 18/08/22

Package is 55-65 receiving 36-40

Was informed engineer has to call to premises

Booked in for next available Tues 23/08/22

Awaited engineer from 2-4pm as instructed, no engineer showed.

Rang Plusnet, was informed that the wrong engineer had in fact been booked so even if they did show, they couldn't have done anything for me. 

Over 1hr on phone with tech suppt, not a happy bunny.

Next available convenient appt for me is Sept 5th 5 hr window.

Honestly these companies just think you can wait around till the cows come home to get a simple line check done and give out misleading information (engineer has to gain access to premises) 

Plus fundamental error - wrong engineer booked.

What a palava.

Amateurs!

5 REPLIES 5
ginchy
Grafter

Re: Engineer no show appt, Plusnet booked wrong kind of engineer - Amateurs!

Tell them you want £65 compensation for the no show just like they would charge you!

If they don't pay take them to the small claims/simple procedure/county court (whichever is applicable) it only costs £19 and it's a great day out!

Just print out the bit where they say they will charge you for not being available and show it to the sheriff

It's a fair and just claim!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there @Jmaccx, I'm really sorry that we didn't book the right engineer. I can tell the advisor that booked it didn't follow the right process for that so I'll make sure some feedback gets passed on. I can see we have another visit booked in for you for the right type of engineer so I'll make sure we follow things up with you as soon as we can after that. 

@ginchy, just to mention we no longer charge for missed engineer visits.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ginchy
Grafter

You no longer respond to people whose bandwidth halved either but hey, I fixed it myself, I rejoined an ISP I used years ago who are one of the only 2 isp's that in my 39 years online, I never once had to contact them, not even once, about my service unlike plusnot!

Not only that but I get superfast broadband instead of plusnets "slightly better than dial up" [-Censored-] for £1 more! 

You probably don't charge for no shows because you yourselves are running such an atrocious service it would be beyond hypocritical to do so!

duh!

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

@ginchy "only 2 isp's that in my 39 years online, I never once had to contact them"

As far as I know it was 1989 when  Professor Tim Berners-Lee and his team invented the World Wide Web, I make this 33 years. In the same year MCI Mail and Compuserve launched their email servers.

With your 39 years' experience I'm surprised you bothered with low-budget Plusnet. I haven't had a second's downtime in the eight years I have been with them but I appreciate that my experience is very limited 😊

ginchy
Grafter

Hey smarta** I had an email address and was doing online banking in 1983 shows how much you know doofas!