cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection on my new service

JenniferKaye

No internet connection on my new service

My router is connected but no internet. My account says completion date should be 16th July! Then it says there’s been a delay on my service. I ordered at the beginning of July so I can’t understand what the delay is. It is extremely inconvenient and costly using my mobile data. 

can anyone help? 

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: No internet connection on my new service

I suggest you call PN - 0330 123 9123

John
simplysimon911

does the router have a constant blue light? Is the phone cable correctly connected? Have you contacted plusnet to test the line?

jab1
Legend

@simplysimon911 As there can be a multitude of reasons for this, I have already suggested the OP  contacts Plusnet. If they say it all looks good from their end, then they can come back here and we can look deeper into it.

John
JenniferKaye

Flashing orange 

my to says wireless network connected but no internet 

ill chase customer service again 

jab1
Legend

@JenniferKaye Has it been in this state since your supposed completion date?

John
JenniferKaye

Yes, I have tried customer services and emailed support@ but no reply. I’ve just PMd a staff member on the forum , hope I’ll get a response 

thanks

jennifer

jab1
Legend

This may not work, but is worth a try. Reset the hub by pressing a paper-clip or similar into the rest hole on the back of the hub until the light goes green, release and see if the light goes blue. I'm just wondering if you are still in 'setup' mode.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Flashing orange 

No DSL signal. Openreach installation not complete yet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

NINE days late?

Could it be as simple as the cable connections on the OPs system?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Could it be as simple as the cable connections on the OPs system?

It could be...

@JenniferKaye is your router connected directly to the Master socket ?

Is it of the dual socket type i.e a DSL socket and a phone socket ? if so , are you connected directly to the DSL socket

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

And, to add to @MisterW 's post above, have you tried taking said cable out of both ends and re-installing it, making sure it clicks into place?

John
penelopegall

We can relate to that - we placed an order to switch to fibre just over two weeks ago. We were given an activation date of 22/7 and I called that morning to say we we had not yet received the new modem, which Plusnet told us was needed as the fibre service would not work on our old Plusnet modem. They also agreed to waive the £6.99 delivery charge. We were told that same day that a new modem should have arrived, and an order would be placed to get one to us in 2-3 days. We are still waiting. Open Reach went ahead on 22/07 and activated the fibre service, and no one checked with us if it was working. It was not. I called Plus net again, and the person I talked to said no modem had been sent, and she would arrange for us to receive one in 2-3 days. We are still waiting, and today got an email saying it was on its way, then another at 18:39 this evening saying we were being charged £6.99 for delivery. Today is day 4 of no service. I've setup my mobile as a temporary WiFi hot spot so we can access our various services, but as it runs at only 1Mb links keep dropping because of slow response times.

Needless to say I've updated the "Question" opened about this issue to get the delivery charge cancelled, and to make sure the automatic compensation for total loss of service has kicked in.  

jab1
Legend

@penelopegall Although I can understand where you are coming from, your situation is totally different.

John