cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to Mychart

Markuk
Dabbler

Re: Problem connecting to Mychart

I’m also having trouble connecting to the King’s MyChart app and website as well as two other family members - 3 separate plusnet connections with the same issue. Not an issue with the device as dropping WiFi and connecting over mobile data is fine. Not safeguard either, as that is turned off on some of these connections.
Pen1
Hooked

Sounds like the same problem I have. I've reported it to the KCH Mychart helpline number and I'm also emailing them.

TonyRob

Hello MisterW,

Was you able to escalate this within Plusnet/BT?

I have the same problem.

Not able to connect with KCH MyChart using PlusNet or BTnet. (mychart.kch.nhs.uk)

Can only connect by mobile using 4G

My son has done some investigation and says

"Core network routing issue between BT’s infrastructure and their infrastructure (Zayo).

See the attachment

LHS screenshot is on a PlusNet VDSL connection, RHS screenshot is on a BTnet 1Gig Leased Line.

Pinging the MyChart attempt stops again at 157.203.6.154, similar to the NSI and Royal Mail problems.

It looks like this is something that the right techies need to sort out between Plusnet/BT and the KCH provider.

Help please!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@TonyRob I've re-prodded the escalation but my understanding was that it had been resolved ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pen1
Hooked

mychart.kch.nhs.uk is still not working for me

mystreet1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Just checked and it's loading OK for me, but I am not on a PN connection.
Have you downloaded the app for your mobile device? Might be a way around it. Or does it affect the app as well?
Was a member for years, but moved from PN fttc to fttp from an AltNet. Getting 940Mb up and down. Happy to stay on here and try to help others. 
Pen1
Hooked

Hi, Yes, I have downloaded and used the app on my mobile but it only works on data and not on Plusnet wifi.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@TonyRob 

My son has done some investigation and says

"Core network routing issue between BT’s infrastructure and their infrastructure (Zayo).

Bit slow replying, none of the sites in question respond to either ping or trace route so the results of his test are expected. I see the same on other networks

Although the hosts are being resolved by DNS there is a routing issue

Using 'test network connection' (TNC) I see

tnc mychart.kch.nhs.uk -Port 443                                                                                 WARNING: TCP connect to (157.203.6.154 : 443) failed                                                                                WARNING: Ping to 157.203.6.154 failed with status: TimedOut                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ComputerName           : mychart.kch.nhs.uk                                                                                         RemoteAddress          : 157.203.6.154                                                                                              RemotePort             : 443
InterfaceAlias         : WiFi
SourceAddress          : 192.168.10.100
PingSucceeded          : False
PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 0 ms
TcpTestSucceeded       : False

tnc community.plus.net -Port 443
ComputerName     : community.plus.net
RemoteAddress    : 18.244.124.56
RemotePort       : 443
InterfaceAlias   : WiFi
SourceAddress    : 192.168.10.100
TcpTestSucceeded : True

tnc community.plus.net is an working example

grumble

From a FTTP Plusnet/BT ...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> tnc mychart.kch.nhs.uk -Port 443 ComputerName : mychart.kch.nhs.uk
RemoteAddress : 157.203.6.154
RemotePort : 443
InterfaceAlias : Ethernet
SourceAddress : 192.168.2.51
TcpTestSucceeded : True

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>