cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi hasn’t worked since line was connected. Considering asking for a refund and cancelling.

Tomiajala
Hooked

WiFi hasn’t worked since line was connected. Considering asking for a refund and cancelling.

Our broadband supposedly went live on the 8th June. However, EVER since then our Hub 2 box has failed to connect to the WiFi nor provide us any service.

The box has constantly had a flashing orange light on it. We’ve tried unplugging and re-plugging, waiting until midnight on the day it went live. The straw on the camel’s back is when we called for help and the advisor said a new router was being sent to us. Fast forward a few days and we call back to ask for progress on the order and the new advisor says nothing was put down to be sent to us? What!

Then he says he will call us back later than evening to continue helping with our problem and never did. It’s morning now the next day and haven’t heard word back from Plusnet.

For context, we have gone to Plusnet for a 12 month contract as we are university students and moved into a new flat which couldn’t be provided with broadband by most other companies. We thought ourselves lucky to see Plusnet offered but it seems our joy was misplaced.

So in other words, we’re about to make our second monthly payment since setting up our account, and haven’t had A SINGLE DAY of WiFi yet? It doesn’t make sense, and at this point we’re considering calling up and just asking for them to cancel the whole thing and give us back our money so we can go elsewhere.

Surely it’s not legal to provide no broadband when we signed a contract that they would? Any advice on the situation would be much appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: WiFi hasn’t worked since line was connected. Considering asking for a refund and cancelling.

@Tomiajala Have you tried rebooting the Hub?

John
Tomiajala
Hooked

Re: WiFi hasn’t worked since line was connected. Considering asking for a refund and cancelling.

Yes. Multiple times now.

I did notice today that there was an error on my account saying something along the lines of “error[…] phone order in progress”. So I called them up to ask what was going wrong there and the lady on the line claims to have lifted the error? She’s saying the WiFi should work now, but I’m suspicious. I’ll have to check tomorrow since I’m not back home until then.
jab1
Legend

OK - keep us informed.

John
Tomiajala
Hooked

So despite having my account “unlocked” (not sure why it wasn’t working in the first place but that matter aside), the hub still isn’t working.

Flashing orange, have restarted again. Switched on and off. Unplugged. All of that. Nothing working. At this point, I’m getting quite fed up. 😕
jab1
Legend

Which service are you on? For FTTC, the grey cable should be connected to the 'DSL'  port, for FTTP, an ethernet cable should be connected to the red 'WAN' port.

John
Tomiajala
Hooked

Sorry but I’m not too sure what you mean by these. 😞

Our broadband is just stated as “Unlimited” and the box we connect it to has two sockets.
jab1
Legend

Is this 'box' like this?

ONT.jpeg

John
Tomiajala
Hooked

IMG_7628.jpeg
Like this. 

jab1
Legend

Or this? If it is this one, try unclipping the faceplate and re-attaching it.

VDSLMK4NTE5CMK22019FRONT.JPG

John
Tomiajala
Hooked

IMG_7629.jpeg
Unclipped then put back. Still flashing orange unfortunately 😕

jab1
Legend

Sorry to hear that - it was worth a try though. This needs PN investigation - hopefully one of the Help Team will pick this up soon.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

@Tomiajala I can see you've contacted our guys to get it sorted. If you need anything else just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team