Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your names in quick - YouView Trials

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Get your names in quick - YouView Trials

Oh, Jeremy, why are you persistently so awkward Wink
The questionnaires are so that we can get a good handle on your set ups, and then choose the set ups which we are prepared to support through the trial, and learn what we need from them.   Part of the trial is absolutely around testing the ability for our platform to handle the multicast.  There is network integration elements which we need to test and make sure work properly.  This means being on fibre is key.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Bjn
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly

The questionnaires are so that we can get a good handle on your set ups, and then choose the set ups which we are prepared to support through the trial, and learn what we need from them.   Part of the trial is absolutely around testing the ability for our platform to handle the multicast.  There is network integration elements which we need to test and make sure work properly.  This means being on fibre is key.

So my thoughts where right you have to meet curtain criteria on a first come first served bases, not who just applies first. This makes sense from what Kelly says above as the testing has to be on a technical bases otherwise it would be a pointless exercise for Plusnet.
The email sent out was a tad misleading in the last paragraph.
"The trial is on a first come, first served basis so hurry if you want to take part. We'll keep you updated on our exciting TV plans as they happen".
lets hope all who applied and have posted here meets the relevant criteria.
Bjn

picbits
Rising Star

I refuse to meet the relevant criteria (unless being different *is* the relevant criteria  ;D)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Oh, Jeremy, why are you persistently so awkward Wink

Why not just ask BT?
They have experience of using these boxes on fibre.
They are also suffering from many customer complaints on the subject...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Kelly
Hero

We have a different network, different systems and infrastructure.  We'd may as well as Talktalk!
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

Quote from: Bjn
The email sent out was a tad misleading in the last paragraph.
"The trial is on a first come, first served basis so hurry if you want to take part. We'll keep you updated on our exciting TV plans as they happen".
lets hope all who applied and have posted here meets the relevant criteria.

Yeah, we expect the majority of people who applied to meet the criteria. Smiley  Fill it in anyway.
Kelly Dorset
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

We have a different network, different systems and infrastructure.  We'd may as well as Talktalk!

don't ever joke about that. ever. Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I find talk talk you view quite good as long as you have a good Internet speed
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

They (Talk-Talk) have very many happy customers (all the ones who have never had to contact 'customer service' at least).  Lips_are_sealed
Let's all wait and see how Plusnet's take on TV service turns out, then we can comment.  Roll_eyes
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You don't actually need input from Plusnet if you are cash-rich:-  Cheesy
http://www.youview.com/
Keep your receipt and remember SOGA.  Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

DJGM1974
Dabbler

Quote from: Bjn
got an email yesterday and signed up about 2am this morning when I got home and checked emails.

Please note the trials ticket pools are not directly monitored by the Customer Support Centre
staff and that it may take up to 7 to 14 days for your ticket to be acknowledged.

I did the application survey on the 20th, and haven't heard anything back yet. Are the answers collated from the application
survey put into these ticket pools, and I assume the PN staff in charge of the YouView trials pick and choose from that ?
hex
Grafter

Chris responded earlier in the thread that people would probably not hear back until the New Year - would suspect it will probably be at least a few weeks into it before they start contacting people.  Just a case of patiently waiting and seeing I think. Smiley
Bjn
Grafter

Just out of interest I got sent an email on 20th Dec informing me of the trials, did anyone else receive an email or have they found out about the trial via this forum? Just asking as no one else has mentioned receiving an email
Bjn
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

I didn't get an email
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
picbits
Rising Star

I didn't get an email either.