cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Thank you @Townman, and @BrigitteW for your responses.

@BrigitteW we just need this request confirming on the account, as our NetOps Team will look at this when restoring the account. Please respond to the open ticket that I've just created, confirming that you'd like the account restoring as Mail Only, once it's closed on the 29th. Smiley

Give me a nudge on here once you've responded if that's okay.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 166

@adam945 

Ace move Adam ♣️ 🌟 - the ticket will save the need telephone COTS and "negotiate" email retention.

"Doing you proud" here, better than "That'll do"!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BrigitteW
Hooked

Hi Adam, I have gone into the member centre and can only find a question from you, is this what I need to respond to, and how do I do it, the only place I can see is at the bottom where it states add further details, sorry.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 166

That's were you do it!

Add further details - affirm that (at the point of closure) you want the account resurrecting as a free email only account.  Net Ops will then be assigned the task in their work queue when the account closes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BrigitteW
Hooked

Thank you, and thank you to everybody that has helped me to get to this point, especially bearing in mind it is the holiday period. 😁

BrigitteW
Hooked

Hi Adam, I have now responded, that you all for your help and patience.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all @BrigitteW 

I've just seen your response, and have now popped the ticket on hold until 29/12/2021 for when the account closes. Once it has, I'll get the task raised to have it restored as mail only Smiley

Once it's been restored, our NetOps Team will make us aware of any emails that can be restored, I'll be in touch. Smiley

Adam
BrigitteW
Hooked

Thank you very much Adam for your assistance, look forward to hearing from you. 👍

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, I'll be in touch once I have a response from NetOps Smiley

Adam
Dinalt
Dabbler

Hi I'd like one of my mail boxes dearchived please as it's my daughters and has soem very important information in it (including exam dates etc for January).

The directory involved is the one beginning with em

Not sure if my user name is shown here as the web site is a bit mess but its dinalt

Please can you action this ASAP as she desperately needs this information - once she has her mail back I'll archive her stuff and see if i can trim it down.

Thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thanks for your post @Dinalt and welcome to our Community Forums.

I've raised a task with our NetOps team now and we'll unarchive your daughters emails as soon as we can, though it can generally take up to 3 working days. Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dinalt
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Sorry to be a pain but my daughter is a doctor and needs some of the information urgently  - I know it's her fault for not archiving herself but I think she thought the mailbox would be trimmed instead the whole thing was deleted - she has no email before 7pm yesterday. If I can get access to the emails before she returns to work I'll sort out an archive for her but she needs some fo the emails ASAP.

Thanks again

LoneBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We are also switching Broadband tomorrow and wish to switch to an email only account. I have been posting via the "Email only" thread and John (Jab 1) has been responding. I have also been in touch with the contact centre and understand a note has been put on our account and I am about to change the contact email address in the member centre to a non-plusnet address. I have three active email addresses (l**e, l***l and i**c) which I wish to retain. I thought I would mention here as well to make sure all the dots are joining up.

Best Wishes

Lone

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Dinalt

Appreciate what you've said and we'll get those emails unarchived as soon as possible, but to set expectations we're heading into a bank holiday weekend soon, so it may be next week before the right team takes a look at the request. 

They're busy folk and can't pick up a task we raise instantly unfortunately. Really sorry for the inconvenience. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @LoneBee

I can see we've logged your request on your account and we'll put you on an email only account as soon as we can once your broadband's moved to another provider. Initially your account will be closed but we'll reactivate it to "Plusnet Mail"

This can generally take 3 to 5 working days and once completed, you'll need to go to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to recreate your email addresses and email settings. After you've done this, if you've lost emails that were in your mailbox at the time your account was cancellation, let us know and we can restore them back for you. 

I'd note though that if you're sent an email during the time between your account being closed and the email address recreated, that'd bounce back to the sender and we wouldn't be able to recover it as it wouldn't reach us.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet