Did you mean: 

New Full Fibre Installation not working

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: New Full Fibre Installation not working

Are PN actually doing anything to get to the bottom of this

@devilray Im not party to what they are actually doing but as @ClaudiaG23 said above , the account is with HLE. They will be pushing back on Openreach I suspect, as ( if my conclusion is correct ) it will require their input to fix the problem. Unfortunately OR seem to work at their own pace...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Antonspeed
Dabbler

**Quick update ** Day 12.
Fibre still not working. PN have sent a 4G mini hub which although not brilliant is allowing us internet access so we don’t have to buy data. We were supposed to have an engineer coming today (Monday) but that was cancelled due to an issue with the booking system at OR. Expecting a call back today to confirm when the engineer will be coming this week. The problem has still not actually been identified.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @Antonspeed 

I'm really sorry to hear how this has all happened.

I can see Benny in our High-Level Escalations team is working to get this sorted for you.

As soon as he knows more he'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Antonspeed
Dabbler

Still waiting for engineer! PN have not called since Monday when they said they still couldn’t book engineer due to system error. Will be 2 weeks tomorrow without any service.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know @Antonspeed 

I've let Benny know and he should be in touch soon

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
abauld

I have been having pretty much the same problem. Openreach installed the new fibre to the property cable on May 9th, but since then it hasn’t worked at all and I’ve had nothing but broken promises every day or two from Plusnet. Each time I phone I get a friendly enough operative, but they promise someone will phone me back and no one ever does. We have now been without internet and phone for 11 days. My wife works from home and we are getting desperate. And I don’t know how much longer I can bear that cheesy hold music!
Antonspeed
Dabbler

It’s very frustrating. It’s16 days today for us and still the fault isn’t identified. Like you say PN are friendly enough and you always get to speak to someone quickly but that doesn’t fix the problem. I also work from home mostly so internet access is essential. I’m waiting a further update on Monday as nothing seems to happen at weekends. Hope we both get sorted soon.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@abauld wrote:
I have been having pretty much the same problem. Openreach installed the new fibre to the property cable on May 9th, but since then it hasn’t worked at all ... Each time I phone I get a friendly enough operative, but they promise someone will phone me back and no one ever does. We have now been without internet and phone for 11 days. My wife works from home and we are getting desperate.

@Antonspeed wrote:
**Quick update ** Day 12.
Fibre still not working. PN have sent a 4G mini hub which although not brilliant is allowing us internet access so we don’t have to buy data.

@abauld  I've no idea what a 4G mini hub might be, but is it worth you asking PN for one so you at least have internet access and free data (?)  Flagging this message for @ClaudiaG23 reference the post above [#12] (re the High-Level Escalation team) in case that had any bearing on the 4G mini hub being provided for @Antonspeed . 

No guarantees that you'd qualify for one being sent (no idea what the criteria might be) but thought it might be worth an ask.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @abauld 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your order as well.

I can see our Customer Assist Team are owning this for you and we're due a further update tomorrow.

As soon as we know more we'll be in touch 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
abauld

Now nearly another week on and there is still no progress. Have phoned many times and was rudely told on Tuesday morning by <redacted>,claiming to be a manager, that one of the reasons they still hadn’t been able to sort things was because I kept phoning for an update! But the reason I have to phone is because I keep getting promises that someone will phone me back, but no one does when they say they will. This is now Day 17 without any internet at all. I have paid my monthly amount, am locked in for another 23 months and I haven’t had any service yet at all. Where can I turn?Huh

Moderators Note: Personal information removed as per Forum rules

Antonspeed
Dabbler

@abauld Sorry to hear you are still having issues, but you are not alone as I too still do not have my fibre up and running. However, Plus Net have been keeping in contact, and I have been advised that the issue is a wider problem at Openreach that is causing issues with getting engineers booked out, resulting in more demand or something like that. We are still using the 4G hub that PN provided and this is working, although not perfect. I would suggest you ask if you are eligible for one as it does at least provide some connection. They are not amazing, but it seems to cope quite well with most daily use in our house, and there are 4 of us connected to it.

We are now 29 days since installation without service but I am hopeful that PN will get to the bottom of it soon with OR and finally get us online. I wonder if your delay is due to the OR issues too...?

As far as what you do next, I am afraid you will need to wait for PN to fix it, as I believe you cannot go to another provider if your service is currently in fault. Basically, another provider doesn't want an existing problem to sort out......

abauld

Another two weeks have now passed. Are you online yet? We still are no further forward and the silence from Plusnet is deafening, except their emails about bills due… we are now on day 34 with no internet or phone. (And no mobile reception inside the house).
Antonspeed
Dabbler

@abauld Hi there, Yes we are finally online after 27 days without service.

We still do not know what caused the outage, and I am awaiting an update (today) from PlusNet as they are still looking in to it. We had Openreach working in the street doing another installation so I spoke too them myself. The installer couldn't help but an hour or so later another OR engineer knocked on our door and asked if he could take a look at our issue. He ran some tests and did a "line rebuild" (whatever that is) but it still did not work. The Engineer reset the router a couple of times, and suddenly it started working. He could not explain why it would just work like that, but it has worked ok ever since. Plusnet called the same day to say we were back online, but they did not know what had changed to fix this issue. 

This was the third time that I had spoke to an OR engineer just because they were in the area and they were all helpful. Even if they are not aware of your issue, they do seem to log it if you speak to them so it might help.

Sorry to hear that you are still not online, I know how frustrating it is. All you can do is keep chasing really but I hope they get your up and running soon. 

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hey @abauld, I can see your account is active however the orders in the Suppliers system haven't yet been completed however, have you tried plugging your router in and turning this on along with the ONT to see if it works? I can't guarantee this will work but it's worth a try while our Customer Assist Team (CAT) is investigating this. 

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
abauld

The account is very much active, yes! And by that I mean I am being charged - two months’ charges have already been applied but no service at all over the last 35 days. The router is plugged in and has had a solid orange light since May 9th. And no one in Plusnet seems to be taking this at all seriously. We have no phone now and no internet and no mobile reception in the house. Happily we haven’t had any emergencies in the last 35 days… who know what could have happened.