Richard28

No internet

Router orange light on
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: No internet

@Richard28 In the absence of much detail, the first thing I suggest is that you check your phone line - dial 17070, select option 2. The only thing you should hear is the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement - Any other noise, report a phone fault first.

John
Richard28

Done quite tone ok
Unplug router done restart but still orange light been like this all day
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

OK. I know very little about the Hub1, but a quick check suggests that your credentials may have been corrupted. On the Hubs 'Troubleshooter' page, what is displayed as the 'Broadband user name'?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to see your service isn't working. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your router in sync to the equipment at the cabinet (the green box in the road) but it's not getting an internet connection.

I'd recommend doing a factory reset of your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back of your router for 20 seconds or until the light along the front goes green. If you can wait 10 minutes for the router to start up and if you can't get online, please try the following steps to manually connect.

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable
2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254
3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab
4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button
5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab
6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that
7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails we've sent you for example an email with you bill on as we'd add the username to the top of the email.
8. Type in the account password, you can reset it here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if you need to
9. Hit the Connect button.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet