cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting sales and wrong numbers calls

chris95

Keep getting sales and wrong numbers calls

We have only been active just under a week we are constantly receiving sales calls and wrong numbers how can u stop this
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Keep getting sales and wrong numbers calls

Have got a 'new' number?

John
chris95

Yeah they changed number when we joined I think they recycled it because had someone about boiler repair and it was for someone in same area just part wrong postcode
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

It would be a 'recycled' number in that case. My only advice, if you have caller display, is to ignore any number you don't recognise - unless you are expecting one from an 'unknown' caller - and they will eventually drop off. As most numbers are recycled these days, it is pointless asking for a renumber.

John
chris95

OK thank u
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@chris95 

Get a phone with a call blocker, I recommend the BT ones with the inbuilt TrueCall call guardian. You can modify the message to callers as required, hopefully stopping some. The others can be filtered out by blacklisting or transferring to answerphone whilst familiar ones stored in your handset are automatically whitelisted.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Make sure your new number is registered with the Telephone Preference Service  - https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/

Also worth adding Plusnet's Call Protect - https://www.plus.net/help/phone/stop-nuisance-calls/

Neither will guarantee to stop all nuisance calls (especially those originating from abroad, or those who routinely change their 'spoofed' number), but every little helps, as they say.