Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported landline not accepting incoming calls for a week

FIXED
AHMH4HH
Dabbler

Re: Ported landline not accepting incoming calls for a week

Thanks Will - I just now posted a message in the Broadband forum about the "About your broadband speed" email, which was filled in with "Not available"

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

“ The underlying issue was the number not being released by Virgin, although the switch was from TalkTalk to Plusnet.”

Knowing the original range holder of a number can be vital information in sorting issues of this nature. Migration of VM numbers has been a recurrent issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AHMH4HH
Dabbler

I assume Plusnet establishes the range holder at some stage over the 2 week setup period before the go live date.  Any idea why VM numbers are such a problem and whether anything is being done about it?  It won't help us but maybe others won't have to go 2 weeks without incoming calls.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Short answer - VM don't like losing the number, and make a song and dance about releasing it.

John
AHMH4HH
Dabbler

Bizarre that can be allowed to continue...it was mentioned during this saga and that it's worse for "desirable" numbers. Is there a time limit for his long they can play silly [-Censored-]s? Maybe 2 weeks? 😱
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

I don't know about a time limit, but when I switched from Plusnet, I think my new ISP advised me they had ownership within about 3 days.

OFCOM who set the rules, are totally useless at enforcing them, though.

John