cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT say I have started a new contract today?

BST
Grafter

BT say I have started a new contract today?

Hi, my broadband and phone switched to Plusnet on the 6th of December.
I've received email today from BT thanking me for starting a new home phone pay as you go 12 month contract at £23.05 a month line rental for 12 months.
There is another email saying that another one of my services has ended, broadband.
Checked Plusnet and BT accounts and I currently have phone line with both companies.
Could someone please look into this for me, thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: BT say I have started a new contract today?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BST
Grafter

Just been in contact with BT and they have said "Good afternoon Tony, looking at your account this was a transfer order for broadband the line hasn't completed you will need to speak with Plusnet for them to take the line"
Edit: just been in contact with Plusnet and they have said their system shows that everything has been switched and it's an error with BT and to get in contact with them lol
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

It's not unknown for BT Retail to 'lose' the notification that the phone line has been transferred.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BST
Grafter

So it looks like BT had placed an order to stop BB and landline but it only triggered a stop for BB.
They've logged the error on my account and I have to call again tomorrow to get them to cancel the landline as they can't do it today as they order is still open.
Don't know why they can't but at least I have an answer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 166

Keep a watch on this space.

There is a risk that BT Retail's "cancelling" of the line does more than simply cancel it within THEIR billing system - that is, their cancellation process could "leak" to BT Openreach, who then cancel the line and thereby your Plusnet services as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BST
Grafter

That has crossed my mind lol