cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being over charged. How do I raise a ticket?

FIXED
Slpj
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Being over charged. How do I raise a ticket?

Hello,
I am being overbilled. I want to raise a ticket about this, but can't find how.

I emailed and got a reply telling me that emails are not responded to, and to raise a ticket instead.

Plusnet says----
"We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too."

I logged in to the member centre, and can't find anyway to raise a ticket or send any message about plusnet over charging me.

Can someone help please?

How does one raise a question?
13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Being over charged. How do I raise a ticket?

@Slpj Plusnet have never used email as a communication medium for raising questions, although they will, on occasion respond to you that way. The reference to 'tickets' should have been removed from that auto-response message some years ago, as it it is now not possible for customers to initiate them.

The current methods of communication, for customers, are either a phone call, messaging on Facebook/Twitter or via this forum, in that order.

John
Slpj
Dabbler

Hi there, thanks for a very speedy reply. I don't use facebook or twitter, and am out of the uk at the moment and can't telephone.

But I am here, on this forum, so who do I ask to resolve this issue?
Thanks.
jab1
Legend

If you are out of the UK, the best way to raise the question is probably on this forum - sadly the response time, especially at weekends is horrendous, although you could possibly call in - although that would possibly be quite expensive. I know someone posted an 0345 number which it is possible to call from outside the UK, unfortunately I can't find it at the moment.

John
Slpj
Dabbler

Ok many thanks, it can wait until after the weekend then.
jab1
Legend

The sooner you post your question, the earlier it may get an answer on here - the posts are queued on the system and answered in order.

John
Slpj
Dabbler

Ok thanks.

Is this post a quedtion? Or do I have to do something special?
jab1
Legend

All you need to do is post your problem on here (in this topic will do) with as much detail as possible - but DON'T post anything personal.

John
Slpj
Dabbler

My current product expires on 15th August. My normal monthly charge is about £15.00 less than the latest bill plusnet have raised.

They did the same thing in June, and refunded me over £15.00 because of some mistake where discount was ommited. Now they have done thr same again.

My NEW 2 YEAR contract is supposed to be as follows

"Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband: £0.80 per month for 24 months
Line rental: £23.19 per month
Unlimited UK & Mobile call plan: £10.28 per month
Voicemail is provided for free
Total: £34.27 per month for 24 months on a new 24-month contract"

But the new bill you have raised is £51.03.

Can someone from the plusnet accounts and or billing team please ammend this, so that the last bill of my old contract is correct, and that the new bill for my new 2 year contract is the amount that I was told it would be, both in a telephone conversation, and in the 'welcome' email you sent to me, as quoted above: Reference Question 225989646.

Thank you.

jab1
Legend

@Slpj Unless Plusnet have altered the bill format recently, it should be safe to post a screen shot - that doesn't, AFAIK, mention anything to identify you, and maybe someone on here, amongst the knowledgable, will be able to spot the cause of the increase.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Slpj 

It needs confirming by a Plusnet staffer but if you have renewed your contract very close to the previous contract end date I suspect that this is a timing issue.

I believe that Plusnet set up and lock in the billing for the next month several days before the actual billing date. If this has happened then you will have been charged the out of contract price for the next month, this being set up before you renewed. The extra should be credited to your account and knocked off next month's bill.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 Good thinking, must admit I forgot torturous billing system.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Slpj,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I've taken a look into this today and raised a support ticket in response, which can be found here. I hope this helps, but if you have any further queries or issues, just let me know and I'll get back to you asap Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Slpj
Dabbler

Fix
Well since it's been fully resolved, all I can say is, -- That'll do. .

Seriously thanks for putting it right, and thanks to all those who replied with very helpful advice. Much appreciated.