cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Threshold elderly users - any better options?

Mrudagawa1

Credit Threshold elderly users - any better options?

Hi all,

Sorry if what I'm asking has been discussed before. I changed my elderly mother's account to try to reduce costs for her. She has broadband and needs a landline (I'm aware there is a push to phase them out).

I thought what I'd set up was simply line rental only and that she'd be charged for calls outside of certain times, I didn't realise there'd be the 'credit threshold' system. The credit threshold isn't a workable system for us as if she reaches threshold and it stops her being able to call that will just be confusing for her. 

I  can't seem to see anything other than the credit system being offered? Is there a way to get any other landline options or is this just a way to phase out landlines completely? 

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Credit Threshold elderly users - any better options?

I thought what I'd set up was simply line rental only and that she'd be charged for calls outside of certain times, I didn't realise there'd be the 'credit threshold' system.

Line rental only, means you are charged for ALL calls. The credit threshold is the maximum that can be charged in one month. When the monthly bill is produced, the phone charges are included in that and, once paid, the threshold is reset.  If you expect to go anywhere near the threshold (£50 I believe?) then Line only is NOT a good choice! You'd be better with a call plan.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mrudagawa1

Thanks, the problem is on the online account I don't see any option at all to go to a call plan instead? Should a call plan option still be available as an option and if so, where should I see it? Having to call Plusnet to arrange (in the absence of any online chat function) is so laborious

Mrudagawa1

I've since found the unlimited calls option and gone for that. Thank you.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@Mrudagawa1 
Note that, as far as I am aware, this add on will not start until the next monthly billing cycle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Home Phone to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'