cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to return my old router if I cancel my account?

goldenlady46
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Do I need to return my old router if I cancel my account?

We upgraded to Fibre May 14 2024 with Hub Two Router (this will apply £50 charged for Hub One router if we don't returned it) but the agent say there is no need to send it back. Still confused if charged £50 or not?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

But you started with PN in 2013 - according to your registration date on this forum - so the Hub1 is not covered by that charge. As the agent said, there is no need to send it back, but as I said, it is a good idea to let PN recycle it.

As a point of interest, I have a couple of very old TG582N routers - from the ADSL days - which I will be sending back when I remember.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@goldenlady46 

The £50 non-return charge will apply to the HUB TWO supplied under your May 2024 contract should you cease service with Plusnet.

It does not apply to any router predating the stuff you underlined in red.

Returning it is though being a good helpful citizen!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Townman Thanks for that - I was going to query the status of the Hub2 under the revised terms, but you have confirmed what I kind of suspected.

John