Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain transfer

FIXED
mikep
Dabbler

Re: Domain transfer

Hi Dippy

Have you had any confirmation from plusnet that you can transfer/convert your account from a business account to a regular home account?

Cheers

Mike

Dippy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Domain transfer

Yes I have, but they also confirmed that I would lose ALL business services as a consequence. That is why I am going to the effort to make sure that I transition all those services before I proceed. The last one I was concerned about was static IP but I think I have now resolved this (https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Change-in-static-IP-address/td-p/1910695).

This leaves me with treating phone and broadband provision as a pure commodity, which I guess is a good thing for me so that I don't continue paying a premium for services which can be replaced at lower cost. I need to check again, but when I last looked Plusnet were the most competitive for such a service. That's a good thing because it means I can now change contract with minimal disruption.

It is ironic that Plusnet ceasing business support has forced me to do what I should have done years ago. To be fair Plusnet did occasionally tell me that I was paying too much!