Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Leaving be aware!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: FTTP Leaving be aware!

@smithyoaks can I ask if the original estimated installation date from Sky was the 23rd ? and was later confirmed for the 26th ?

When an existing FTTC connection is taken over for an FTTP installation, the gaining ISP places a 'change of ownership cease' on the FTTC connection.

You say you got an email stating the 23rd and a letter stating the 26th , which was dated first ?

It's possible that, if the original date was the 23rd, when the FTTP install date got moved to the 26th , the cease date didn't get changed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smithyoaks
Dabbler

Always was the 26th
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@jab1 

"as this was not even a like-for-like transfer, there was no need to cease the FTTC connection"

The OP said in their first post that a phone line was critical to them, so I'm guessing that @smithyoaks is keeping the same number when they switch?

For that to happen, Plusnet will have to cease the telephone line, which I think will automatically trigger a cease of the FTTC broadband as well?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Plusnet will have to cease the telephone line

As I said above , AIUI the gaining ISP will place the cease order (via the change of ownership) not the losing one

Always was the 26th 

In that case, I have no idea where the 23rd came from..

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Beat me to it, @MisterW .😀

John
smithyoaks
Dabbler

Strangely enough my land line is still working!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Now that is strange!

As @jab1 said at the start, it needs a staffer to enlighten us as to what happened here. That's unlikely until next week...

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@smithyoaks wrote:
........Then I rang Plusnet "Oh yes you are moving to Sky so we have disconnected you"
I had a letter acknowledging the day I was moving to Sky so assumed logically they'd sort it out on the changeover day. Checked my Spam and found an email saying they would disconnect on the 23rd March.
...... how can they be so stupid or are they being invictive,

So is the problem here that the Plusnet agent allegedly said "we have disconnected you, rather than "you have been disconnected"? Thus leading to the assumpion that Plusnet are incompetent/vindictive?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jorvik
Grafter

@smithyoaks wrote:
Strangely enough my land line is still working!

Are you able to make and receive calls? What telephone number is stated when you dial 17070?

smithyoaks
Dabbler

Phone calls are still working. Can't check number as out and about. I'm only communicating by my mobile which has 1 bar of signal at home.
Mark63
Rising Star

I'd also be interested to know whether the VDSL 'carrier' is still on the line ? In other words the router is still showing a d/s and

u/s sync, but with just a dead PPPoE session ?

My gut feeling, is it still is, and possibly the whole thing is just a co incidental 'fault' !

smithyoaks
Dabbler

Sigh! You've not been keeping up?
1. This post was triggered by a loss of broadband.
2. Plusnet confirmed this, and that the service was terminated due to ISP change.
3. The user access to the account was no longer possible.
4. Plusnet help desk apolgised for the early Broad band disconnection and that there was nothing they could do about it now.

jab1
Legend

So, PN fouled up, and because of the way the system works - not PN's, but the whole network - there is nothing they can do. You have my sympathy, but unfortunately 'human error' is a regular problem.

It would be interesting to hear an explanation from an official source, although it will only be an explanation, not a resolution.

John
smithyoaks
Dabbler

A bit academic now, hopefully if the other lot don't foul up. I should be back up and running on Tuesday.
My mobile data has been taking a hammering.
I just wanted to flag up my experience so that others are aware of possible problems when leaving and to double check.
And as for poor old Alexa. I thought I heard Snoring coming out of one of my Smart speakers
jab1
Legend

@smithyoaks 😂😂

John