cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre with no phone Package

Richchad
Rising Star

Fibre with no phone Package

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place...

My existing 24 Month Unlimited Fibre Extra contract ends in August and I am wondering what my options are..

The renewal option offered on the website doesn’t look very attractive as it doesn’t include Unlimited UK & Mobile phone calls unless I pay £11.76pm which at present I have included without the extra cost.

If PN can’t offer the same deal maybe I should go for "Pay as you Call" or even scrap the landline altogether and just use our mobiles.

I then see that there is an offer of "Fibre with no phone line" included but can I get this?

When I use the “Were checking what Broadband you can get..” it just continually tries to load....

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Fibre with no phone Package

@Richchad 

Use the following to see what your options are.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you post a screen image (hiding your details) we'd be able to advise on options.

Also, are any Alternative FTTP suppliers  active in your area?

Brian

Richchad
Rising Star

@bmc thanks for the link, I can see there is only FTTC here other than Virgin Media.

I may possibly go with Fibre with no phone line, PN have an offer of £26.99 apparently only available for 6 days...?Huh

I notice it is a minimum 24 month contract so locked in for two CPI + 3.9% ..😡  hoping that Ofcom will have some input by next March?Huh

I don't think I need to decide until nearer the end of my contract as still have a couple of months left.

Thanks again for your input.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@Richchad 

There is some debate as to whether on not PN plan to continue with it's voice service - they don't offer it with FTTP. Unfortunately there's little saving to be had from not having a landline - the cost is in the care and maintenance of the copper line which provides your broadband.

You could give the PlusNet Customer Options Team a phone on 0800 013 2632 to see what's actually available to you. This tends to get answered fairly quickly.

Brian

Richchad
Rising Star

@bmc yes you maybe right in not gaining much not having a landline, I was a bit taken in by their reasons to upgrade..

Great reasons to upgrade to Fibre

• One simple connection no phone line needed
  • Gives you the fastest available speed
  • Your best speeds at our best price
  • No need to pay for a phone service you might not use
  • New technology at down to earth prices
  • Easy to upgrade and no engineer needed
  • Perfect for home working and video calling
  • Supercharged by our most reliable router

But thinking about it I am already on Unlimited Fibre Extra FTTC so not much difference really.

I normally do ring the options team to see what deal I can get.

I have been lucky with my renewals hence still being with them for nearly 20 years..!  and my few referrals help.

Although I have seen many changes in that time and it is getting harder to get a good deal now, loyalty doesn't seem to matter anymore, if it ever did.