cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet

FIXED
faruk786

Leaving plusnet

I have decided to leave plusnet as I have found a better broadband with better speeds for a cheaper price. I am currently paying £32 a month for broadband and have 6 months of my 25 month contract left, how much will I be charged for a early contract termination?
15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Leaving plusnet

A rough figure is 6 x your monthly charge, minus a little bit, but the only way to get a true figure is to call Plusnet and ask them.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Fix
Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broiadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ryanwillis19933
Hooked

Hi there, may i ask how you cancelled? I cant seem to get through on any number! 

jab1
Legend

@ryanwillis19933 Are you moving to another provider using the BT/OR infrastructure, or, say, Virgin?

John
ryanwillis19933
Hooked

Well, Virgin. But i haven't moved as such. I signed up to Plusnet originally, but they messed about with the install date, so(as i needed broadband), i signed up with Virgin(who, by the way installed it extremely quickly). 

jab1
Legend

@ryanwillis19933 So, you have a contract with Plusnet? If so, I would suggest you try contacting them on 0800 013 2632. Note, you may find yourself liable for some heavy termination penalties.

John
ryanwillis19933
Hooked

Technically, yes. That's the issue, every option i try on that number says 'This service is temporarily unavailable' and has been that way for about 2 weeks. Is there an email i could contact? 

jab1
Legend

There is no email, sorry. Are you calling from a mobile or landline? A number of people have reported that, I have no issue calling either the 0330 or 0800 numbers from a mobile.

John
ryanwillis19933
Hooked

Mobile. I get through to the switchboard, so the line is working but after that no option seems to work. 

jab1
Legend

OK. As I'm not with PN, I only checked up to the options list, but will try one of them. Watch this space.

John
jab1
Legend

Right, just checked (on 0330 123 9123), selected option 3, and got a dialling tone straight away.

John
Chilternphil
Dabbler

Sadly I am leaving Plusnet after 10+ years. No complaints but this all started back in May when I received a Plusnet email stating they would not provide a landline phone [I know it is VoIP onward]. My wife has hearing difficulties and the landline has some advantages over mobile at times.

This caused me to look around and suddenly there were several ways to achieve my desired outcome. Ultimately i have chosen Zen and am transferring using the 'new' OTS. So far it is progressing well but time will tell. I rang Plusnet as a courtesy and after a phone wait gave notice myself too, and of course, as soon as I started it seem Plusnet can provide a [BT/EE VoIP] line but too little too late. Although Plusnet is a little cheaper today, come next March it will not be, so I lose nothing financially.

So farewell Plusnet, thanks for the help I've received from the community, and hopefully some of my help has been useful too, and thanks for our time together

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Chilternphil  Oh dear, calling Plusnet to tell them you are leaving is probably the worst thing you can do, they are likely to put a cease order on the line which will probably completely mess up the One Touch Switching process.

It might be a good idea to call them and explain that you are switching to another supplier and request that the line must not be ceased, or if they have already raised a cease order it must be cancelled.

ryanwillis19933
Hooked

Ok, I have just rang again(from a different number) and it seemed to go straight through - strange. Thank you for your help anyway.