Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged £11.76 and Despite P'net Promising Refund They Never Send It

Sleepboot
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Overcharged £11.76 and Despite P'net Promising Refund They Never Send It

28th March. I was invoiced in error an extra £11.76 for unlimited calls in the final month of my contract. I called accounts and was promised a cheque refund within 3-5 days. This was confirmed in an email.

13th and 19th April. As no cheque received after over 2 weeks I called and was told that they had decided to refund me on my final invoice despite telling me that I would get a cheque.

17th May. I received my final invoice but no credit for the overcharge. I called Plusnet who promised me a cheque in 3-5 days (again). Received email opening a question (241705474) and confirming repayment as "a gesture of goodwill"!!!?!!! Since when is an overcharge repayment a "gesture of goodwill?"

28th May. Nearly 2 weeks later and no sign of the £11.76 repayment.

Are Plusnet really this incompetent of is it basically theft hoping that I will forget it and go away?

Is there someone from Plusnet who can sort this out please?

17 REPLIES 17
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Re: Overcharged £11.76 and Despite P'net Promising Refund They Never Send It

Hi there!

I'm really sorry you've not received this refund as expected for the extra charges. You've recently had a final bill produced so I'll need to wait a couple of days before we can refund this back to you as no action can be taken for at least 3 days after a bill. 

We'l revisit your account on Friday and further update you. We'll ensure this stays within the team until the refund has been processed. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

Curtis

I received my final invoice 17th May - 11 days ago.

Thank you for taking responsibility for sorting this. I await a further develpment on Friday.

Chris

Sleepboot
Grafter

It is now Friday and I am looking forward to your update as promised.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@Sleepboot I've got this sent back to our back office team to investigate further to find out where the cheque is that was promised. We should here back within the next 72 working hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

I don't know why they wanted to send me a cheque. I was charged by Direct Debit & I would have been happy with a refund to the same account.

I guess that 72 working hours is 3 days - next Wednesday. Another week slides by.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi there, I can see the refund has now been issued, has that reached you OK? - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

Nothing has arrived here yet.

Am I waiting for a cheque by post?

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Sleepboot Our back office team have come back to say the refund went back into your bank towards the end of March.

Are you able to go back and check this please? If you haven't we'll need to look into this further and take the conversation into a private convo to get additional information from you.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

This is getting ever sillier.

I have checked my bank statements and online banking just to make sure. I note that the incorrect invoice was dated 28th March but I have checked entries since the beginning of March. The only transactions are as follows:

6th March Payment £22.87 - the normal amount

8th April   Payment £34.63 - £11.76 more than the normal amount.

20th May Refund    £0.71 - the final invoice at end of contract. (Not shown as Plusnet but amount is as advised)

I can absolutely confirm that I have not had £11.76 (or any other unidentified amount) deposited by Plusnet into my bank account.

I have also looked at my Plusnet Account via your website and that does indeed show a refund on 28th April of £11.76 but no such refund ever reached my bank account nor have I received the promised cheque.

Is the refund that Adam said had been issued on Tuesday just another fiction of am I still expecting it?

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Sleepboot  I've popped a ticket on to your account to get more information from yourself for us to be able to investigate this further.

You'll be able to see the ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=242116094 

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

For the sake of completeness I will add the following.

Claudia has asked me for a copy of my bank statement for 2 weeks in March/April. I am extremely concerned about the security and privacy implications of such a request which I regard as unacceptable.

I have obtained a statement and redacted all the superfluous information leaving enough for Plusnet to see that I have not had the refund as they are claiming.

I have become ever more concerned about the apparantly dubious financial systems used by Plusnet.

It is incredulous that they agreed 10 days before they took the money from my account that it was wrong - but they still took the money - and that 10 weeks later they still cannot resolve it! 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Thanks for getting back to us @Sleepboot 

If you can upload the statement to the online ticket here we can look into this for you 

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepboot
Grafter

I added a redacted statement to a reply to your email yesterday which you obviously have not received. Hopefully I have updated the ticket correctly today.

If you still don't have it let me know.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

I have passed this over to the billing team, thanks for uploading this to the ticket. We will keep you posted.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team