cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco Cashback not honoured when it was the reason I switched to Plusnet

filthcollins

Quidco Cashback not honoured when it was the reason I switched to Plusnet

I switched to PlusNet because the £80 cashback with Quidco made it a better offer than what I was on. Months later I get a notification from Quidco saying:

"On this occasion, the retailer has declined your cashback claim stating that Quidco has not been recognised as the referrer for this purchase. This could happen if you used a search engine, comparison site or voucher code site or if you had multiple browser tabs open when purchasing. Due to this, we will not be receiving the commission and we are unable to pass this to you as cashback."

This is obviously a mistake but it does feel like I was mis-sold my subscription.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Quidco Cashback not honoured when it was the reason I switched to Plusnet

@filthcollins 

I had so many refusals like this that I gave up using cashback sites a few years ago. I also seemed to spend a disproportionate amount of time chasing each claim.

These days I just compare each package and ignore any cashback type offer if it involves a third-party company. Note that Plusnet used to do offers whereby you got money back from them, by way of a prepaid Visa/Mastercard. Have they stopped those types of promotion now?

Mav
Fixes: 517

I have rarely had issues with cashback sites Quidco and TopCashBack but there is at least one thing you can do to aid a successful claim. Clear the cookies for the site you wish to make your purchase from before clicking the link in the cashback site.

This obviously won't help in this case, sorry.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 517

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Order to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

filthcollins

Yeah seems that way - thing is that I use the Quidco Chrome extension which flashes a pop up when you begin tracking on a website. I guess the plugin is not scanning the cookies but just reading a URL parameter from the referring domain. Either way I manually placed the claim the same day I ordered when I realised it hadn't tracked in Quidco - so to be turned down for this is ridiculous regardless of whether a cookie was tracked or not. 

Tigger17
Grafter

Use Topcashback, though they aren't infallible. Been using both for years but in the last 3yrs, Quidco have been poor for me when issues arise, whereas Topcashback has been much more sucessful at tracking and claims.