cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Engineer call you when arriving to set up

TerryVentre

Does the Engineer call you when arriving to set up

I live in the top floor flat of my building. My buzzer has been on the tick recently. I’m trying to get it fixed tomorrow but the engineer is arriving the day after. When he arrives, will be call me if I don’t answer the doorbell?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Does the Engineer call you when arriving to set up

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

That would likely depend on the engineer who is assigned to you, and maybe even what they think of your job from the outside and their workload for the rest of the day.

I don't think they are obliged to call you at any point, though many that I've encountered have.  If you get a engineer who isn't as conscientious as most and your job looks like it could be more difficult or time consuming than others (particularly as you say it's a top floor flat), and/or they have a load of other jobs still to complete, then they may do the bare minimum of ringing your doorbell and then recording that they couldn't get access.  That type of practice seems to happen more where subcontractors are involved.

Hopefully you'll get a good one and they'll call (maybe even to let you know they are on their way), or you manage to spot them yourself when they arrive and it will all go smoothly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@TerryVentre  What service are you getting? if is normal broadband (ADSL or FTTC) which uses the copper phone line and you have a working phone line in your flat there will be no need for an engineer to visit. it is all done externally.

If you have ordered Full Fibre (FTTP) or need a new phone line to get Broadband then access to the property will be required.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi TerryVentre, I've just checked your account and can see that the installation went a head a couple of days ago. 

I assume everything is working as it should be and please do get back to us if there's anything else we can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team