cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house on Friday - new router has not arrived

SeraRose
Dabbler

Re: Moving house on Friday - new router has not arrived

Still no contact from a manager as I asked for on Friday. Was promised a call that day. No one has tried to contact today. Looking at other providers now because it’s clear no one wants to resolve this
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @SeraRose,

Sorry that Alex couldn't get back to you on Saturday, but I believe he asked yesterday if you were free any other time. He's not in the office today but I've dropped him an email and he'll follow things up with you when he's in. 

I have looked into your order and from what I can see the engineer appointment was delayed from the 21st October to 2nd November 8am to 1pm, due to engineer availability and a backlog of work because of the industrial action. 

We're signed up to Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme so we'll make sure you're compensated for the delay and we go into more detail about that here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SeraRose
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply.
I’m annoyed because I gave five weeks notice of the move, wasted hours of my moving day waiting for an engineer who didn’t turn up, hours where I could have been moving furniture.
I did everything I was supposed to do and was let down by you, but no one was even going to have the courtesy to tell me - I didn’t get a message that no one was coming - I had to phone you.
I was promised a manager would call on the Friday. I was busy yesterday moving furniture and sorting other things out.
The compensation thing is nice to know, but what about other expenses? For example, I’m hammering my data allowance on my mobile phone trying to do thing, once that runs out would you cover charges?
I do need the internet to work, and a wait of over a week is simply not something I can manage.
It’s a shame as we’ve been with plusnet for over 5 years and have been really happy with the service until now
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm really sorry for the bad experience you've had. As Alex is case managing your complaint, I'll leave the discussion regarding compensation with him, which we'd normally have after you're up and running. We'd wait for that conversation as the engineer who goes out on the 2nd November may not be able to get you online on the day, for example they may find a problem. If we wait until you're online then we can make sure what we offer is fair and proportionate. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SeraRose
Dabbler

I’ve started looking at other providers to see if they can get someone out to me faster, seeing as I keep being told that nothing can be done. Like I said, I need to be able to work and need the internet to do that.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I do understand it's difficult to work from home without broadband as I'm also working from home. Ultimately the appointment date we've been given is the earliest with in mind of engineer availability. I can't get an engineer out sooner due to this. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet