cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No router delivered.

coll23
Hooked

No router delivered.

My service is supposed to start tomorrow, switching from Sky, but I haven't received my router
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: No router delivered.

Have you already got an ONT installed  - or are you still waiting for that, too?

John
coll23
Hooked

We have been with Sky fibre for 18 months, so I'm sure we have the ONT. Someone from open reach came, ran a cable around the house, and put a white box on the internal wall. Is that it ?
jab1
Legend

OK. So have you had a CONFIRMED activation date from Plusnet? Have you received an email confirming despatch of the Hub, or a ticket on your account confirming Hub despatch?

Sorry for all the questions, but for Community members to advise, they are needed as we do not, obviously, have access to the Plusnet  customer accounts.

In answer to your edit - yes, that sounds like the ONT.

John
coll23
Hooked

I had a text message saying our service is due to be activated on the morning of 9/11/23, then another on Monday, saying they have ordered my router.
Today, I had a text from openreach saying they will be activating my service tomorrow, and I must leave my ONT and router powered on.
I've just checked and I've had an email from plusnet, confirming tomorrow as my date
jab1
Legend

OK, when did you receive the notification that they had ordered the  router, and have had one saying it had been despatched?

I suggest you power on the ONT even if you don't have the router - that way, at least Openreach will ensure it is activated.

John
coll23
Hooked

They told me they had ordered it on Monday. I haven't had anything to say its been dispatched.
But with tomorrow being our date, and having paid the money in advance I expected everything to be sorted by now.
Reading other posts, It seems this is a common problem 🤔
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@coll23 

PN operate a "just in time" policy with regards to the dispatch of routers. Not good when it goes wrong.

However, one recent improvement is they now are "tracked" and you should have received notification of the tracking number if it's been dispatched.

If not see if you can phone PN Support before 8 (I think that's when they close).

Brian

jab1
Legend

All I can suggest, as a mere Community member, is that you call them early tomorrow - or tonight, as @bmc suggests -sounds like the automated Hub ordering system has failed.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
coll23
Hooked

I'm at work now but my wife has just messaged me to say the router has just come !
Thanks for your help and advice everyone 😁
jab1
Legend

As @bmc  says - 'just-in-time', but it is usually a couple of days before you go live!

John