Order delayed???

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Order delayed???

Hi there,

I'm really sorry that you can't get online following your order completing.

I can see we've tried to call you this afternoon a couple of times but we couldn't get through.

I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues but I can see your connection's not working though.

Can you confirm if your router's plugged into the master telephone socket and setup like explained in our guide Here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I missed the call this afternoon.

Lucklily I got a update about the phone socket. When I removed the plastic shell in the wall, I found there is no wire inside. It is empty at all (they installed wires for TV and radio but not for telephone). I can confirm this is the only socket I can find in my apratment which is in the living area. They installed a openreach hub next to the socket. But I think the package I ordered (unlimited fibre extra) can not work without a phone line. Does it mean I need to move into full fibre package?

Not sure about this. I've saw the difference between full fibre and fibre broadband in your website. Considering about the equipment I have or not have, I think full fibre is easier to achieve. 

Tell me if I am wrong. And I attach a photo showing the socket and openrach box, making my explanation more clear.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@BaoTarly  I can see from your photo you have an Openreach ONT already installed so you should be able to get Full Fibre.

Do you know what service was ordered, it seems there was a lot of confusion with orders not being placed and other problems. I suspect you ordered unlimited fibre extra which as you correctly say needs a phone line, you need to cancel this and get Full Fibre ordered,  perhaps @Gandalf can help you with this.

Note that Full Fibre does not provide a voice (phone) service most of us use mobiles these days.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@BaoTarly   Are you sure there is not another phone socket in the property?

Having said that, the copper wiring was often removed when fibre was installed. 

So the mystery deepens, what have PN ordered?

Are you perhaps in a flat, or house that has recently been redeveloped into flats?

Don't think @Gandalf  is in the office until Tuesday, but hopefully someone can help get to the bottom if what has happened.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @BaoTarly thanks for the info!

We placed an order to provide regular fibre and a copper phone line so the infrastructure should be there to support it. If there’s no working phone socket then the potentially quickest way to resolve is to report a fault so we can arrange an engineer visit to fit a new phone socket. 

If full fibre is available and your Openreach modem suggests it might very well be, then you can upgrade to this. I’d say it’ll take longer to arrange full fibre than to send out an engineer to fit a phone socket so it’s probably best doing that in the meantime so you can get online.

As @Mustrum says I’m not in the office now until Tuesday but if one of my colleagues can’t pick this up with you tomorrow (depending on how busy they are) then it may be quicker to call us on 0800 432 0200 tomorrow. 

Let us know how it goes either way Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi there, I've booked an engineer visit for socket installing.

Hope it can be fixed later.

Thanks for all the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good, let us know how it goes tomorrow. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi,

the engineer just completed his job. He can confirm there are no copper line in my apartment which is weird.

He recommend me moving to full fibre  and help me call the customer service.

I think there are some issues with the contract, so they can not deal with my case immediately.

See whether you can upgrade for me. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah that's definitely odd as the order we'd placed was to apparently takeover a working copper service. 

Our suppliers records aren't showing full fibre to be available so I'll need to investigate further.

Could you drop me a private message to confirm your full address as it appears in Royal Mail's postcode database Here?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  The picture in Message#17 shows a live ONT in the premises so I would suggest that FTTP is available, looks like there is some problem with the address.

BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I opened my account just now, and found when I click 'upgrade', full fibre packages are showed in that page.

Was wondering if I can choose a package and upgrade myself.

How long will it take to get full fibre worked in my apartment? (I already have the Hub two in hand.)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @BaoTarly,

Ah nice! Looks like the ORDI which I sent across worked and updated your address in the supplier systems.

Yeah that'll be fine to place the order online via your account. As you have the Openreach box already, it should just take 3 working days but if there's a problem with the remote activation, then we'd need an engineer.

Fingers crossed we can remotely activate the service as it may take a few weeks to arrange an engineer. 

Let me know once you've put the product change through and I'll check it for you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I've changed the package and got a confirmation email. I chose the one with same speed as my previous one.

The thing is it shows the activation date is 11.3. Can we make it advance?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @BaoTarly,

I've spoken with our suppliers helpdesk and the agent's said he's can't try to bring the remote activation date forward as the order's tied with the cease of the phone line in their systems, even though I appreciate your current service isn't working.

I've cancelled the full fibre order and I'll replace it a different way, which should hopefully mean it'll get completed quicker. 

In the meantime, would you be able to connect the ethernet cable between the red WAN port of the Hub Two and the port on the Openreach modem? That part is pretty essential for a remote activation to go through smoothly. 

Let me know once you've done that and I'll replace the order 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaoTarly
Dabbler

Hi,

I've done the connection. Please have a try. Thanks a lot.