cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from EE, order delayed

mattrigg
Hooked

Switched from EE, order delayed

I signed up with Plusnet end of last month as my EE contract has ended and I don't want to re-sign for another 18 months.

The service was due to go live yesterday (16/08) but I received a text message stating that it's been delayed.

Just wondering what the reason is for the delay, will it resolve itself, is there something I need to do? There's no info on the "My Account" page, just says that it's "...currently being processed".

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Re: Switched from EE, order delayed

Hi there @mattrigg

I'm really sorry about the delay to your order. This has happened as Openreach have found a fault with the line and a multi-skilled engineer needs to attend for us to get that fixed so that the orders for phone and broadband can progress. 

We've been advised that should be resolved within the next few days and we should have an update on the 24th for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattrigg
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

An engineer turned up yesterday, did some tests. Apparently, the line between my house and the cabinet is fine, the "fault" lies between the cab and the exchange. Hopefully it's a quick fix (although I'm not sure exactly what the fault is, I've had broadband at this property for the last 4 years with no issues).

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, it looks like they've discovered the fault whilst moving the services over to your line. I'll check back on the 24th for you but do shout up if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mattrigg
Hooked

Thanks man.

Just got the txt through stating my phone line has been moved over, hopefully won't be too long till the BB activates.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Matt, I've just checked back on your account and can see your broadband went live yesterday. I trust everything is working as it should be and please get back in touch if there's anything else we can help with. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team