Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre on 2nd May, never happened

NaRyan
Grafter

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre on 2nd May, never happened

I am at my Mum's at the moment.

And while sorting out various things she was subscribed to ti fiind any money saving things.

I noticed she was still on the same ADSL connection she got nearly 10 years ago (and still on th same 2014 Plusnet router, but that got changed to a much newer router ASAP)

So looking at her Plusnet info I seen that she could get Unlimited Fibre for the next 18 months for cheaper than what she was paying for her ADSL connection.

So i signed her up (after asking if that was ok. and was given a go live date of 2nd May.

It is nearly the 4th May and she is still on her old ADSL connection, so the upgrade never took place.

Apart fro the email about the package change, there has been no contact from Plus/net about any problems or delays to her internet upgrade.

So I have no idea on what is going on. I'm not sure if there is any issues\problems due to lack of info from Plusnet, so no idea if there is some issue, or once again Plusnet /message system is not sending the email out to inform me of any delays or issues (had the plusnet system not send out such info last year with my Full Fibre upgrade).

And before you say to phone PlusNet my Mum has severe breathing problems so using a phone is nearly impossible for her, and i have "issues using phones" to talk to people I do not know.

So any info on just what is going on would be greatly appriciated..

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre on 2nd May, never happened

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NaRyan
Grafter

Oh there is info on the PlusNet Ticket page.

"The broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network.
The transfer will complete by midnight on 12/05/2023."

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@NaRyan that would indicate that the changeover is happening on the 12th. I assume that the original date of the 2nd was the best estimate and that it has been pushed back due to Openreach engineering availability in your area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NaRyan
Grafter

Well the upgrade happened today (11th May).

And after an argument for about 10 Minutes with the TP-Link Deco router (stupid app only devices)

36.3Mbps Down & 9.32Mbps Up.

On her ADSL connection it used to be 9.73Mbps Down & 0.58Mbps Up

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@MisterW  From other posts it would appear that in Plusnet's alternative time dimension midnight on the 12th is actually 23:59:59  i.e. the end of the 11th . It's so confusing.🤔

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

No, it is not Plusnet’s alternative time dimension but rather common place misunderstanding of when midnight on a particular date occurs.

Midnight is 00:00:00 therefore it occurs at the start of a given date, not at the end of said date as all too often mistakenly believed.