MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: When to expect the full fibre upgrade to happen

Thanks for responding @Star-Light100 

I've sent a further reply confirming the engineer's visit

Hopefully, all will be brought to a close tomorrow

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Star-Light100
Rising Star

Good afternoon, good news. The last engineer was able to resolve the issue by making a phone call to BT. We were told after the call it could take up to 2 hours and he would leave us on open in case he had to come back. 10 minutes later a message saying turn the router off and on and it should be fixed. And it was fixed! Thanks Speed tests now at 300mbps
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Star-Light100 Thank goodness you got an engineer who knew what he was doing. There are sadly a lot who just cba, but I must admit, all those I have had have resolved issues - even if it did, on one occasion, take the areas highest SFI about five hours.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Great news. I guess the engineer didn't actually do anything apart from phone BT DCoE. It's just crazy that an ISP has to call an OR engineer out to get this sort of fault fixed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Star-Light100
Rising Star

When the engineer came he ran all the old tests again! He wanted to see for himself. He also changed the fibre box. But that made no difference. It was just the phone call that fixed it in the end. Wish Plus Net had that phone number😉. Could of saved us all a lot of stress and time. He made the phone call and it was working just like magic! Or at least within 10 mins. I hope I don’t get this issue in the future next time when it’s time to upgrade again! Lol
Star-Light100
Rising Star

Hi Guys, all going well so far speed wise. So that’s good.I was looking in at the broadband speed upgrades and I see that the 500 package is the same price as the 300 now, that I’m currently on . Normally I would click to upgrade but as you know the issues I’ve had each time I’ve tried to upgrade . I’m really unsure if it’s worth the risk if it all goes wrong again. Can I ask what your thoughts are please?
Star-Light100
Rising Star

Hi Guys, well Ive only gone and upgraded to the 1000 mb package and guess what it’s stuck at 300. But at least we know what to do now. A call to BT is needed to get them to change to the new speed. That’s all it took last time. Can this be done please?
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

@Star-Light100 I can see this is with the HLE team now. I will leave it with them so we don't get wires crossed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@willcutforth. No wires to cross with FTTP 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

@Shep41 great minds think a like. I was going to acknowledge the irony in what I was saying haha

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team