cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your broadband order has been delayed

rod_maclean91
Hooked

Your broadband order has been delayed

I just signed up yesterday morning to Plusnet's Unlimited Fibre with Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls package for £34.75. I'm currently with Vodafone for Broadband and Unlimited calls but I'm out of contract and have been since October. My connection is a FTTC one I believe as on the Vodafone Broadband app the network map shows a VDSL connection to the router which I believe is just an Openreach term for FTTC. I bring this up just because my understanding is this kind of switch should require nothing more than me connecting the new router on the date I selected with no need for an engineer visit and as both companies use Openreach the switch should be seamless. I was given the option of switching as early as the 14th but decided to go with the 25th since it's a date I know I will be home and off work should anything go wrong, I will be there to sort things out as my parents are not tech savvy. I believed over 3 weeks would have been sufficient amount of time to avoid any delays but this morning I got a text saying:

"Your broadband order has been delayed. For details, please call 0345 140 0200 or visit www.plus.net/help"

When I log into my online account there doesn't seem to be any info regarding why there is a delay, it has progressed to my router will be dispatched shortly so it doesn't look like there will be a delay to me. Has anyone had this happen to them? Can't seem to find an online chat function on the website. Am I just blind or is it just because I'm doing it on my mobile? Don't think I can handle a phone call after being awake all night doing work/assignments.
Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Your broadband order has been delayed

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rod_maclean91
Hooked

So I've just received an email from Vodafone saying that my broadband and calls package will be cancelled on the 19th of May. I never had any correspondence with Vodafone about cancelling I just ordered the Plusnet package as I knew the switch would be done for me. However I've also just had a confirmation from Plusnet saying that my home phone transfer date of the 25th has been confirmed. Why is there 6 days of downtime? That's never going to work, my house is in blackspot and receives no indoor mobile data service. Why has Vodafone decided to cancel on the 19th I thought this would be a seamless transfer? Anyone know what I can do to resolve this?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you read your tickets?

The fact that you received a delay notice from Plusnet might infer that there has been a delay notice for BT Openreach following an initial order.

The notice from Vodafone is part of the anti slamming measures process. If you ordered on the third, the 19th would by a fairly typical 24 working days interval. Your best approach here is to just phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rod_maclean91
Hooked

I have read them yes but I don't know what much of it means. One mistake I made was accidentally providing my regular savings account details for my direct debit instead of my current account details. The thing is that currently I have to leave for work at 7.25am and I get home around 9.30pm and this leaves me no time to call. I'm next off on Tuesday the 9th I could call then but I hope things can be fixed before then.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You could add information to an open ticket… that should be picked up by the provisioning team.

If you post the ticket number here, that will help the social team find the account and offer an update.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Morning @rod_maclean91 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your order

From what I can see these are resolved now and you're due to transfer to us on the 25th.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rod_maclean91
Hooked

Well my internet and phone services are being cut on the 19th by Vodafone leaving me with no phone or internet services for 6 days. I want to know why it's being cut then when I selected the 25th as my switching date when signing up with Plusnet. 

Ofcom states "Any loss of service that occurs during a switch should not be longer than one working day and providers must compensate you if things go wrong".

Who is to blame in this situation? 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

Did you inform Vodafone that you were leaving?  If so that may have caused the delay and why you where cut off early.  If not, then it's Openreach who tell Vodafone you are leaving.  Vodafone should them send you a message (email or letter) to inform you, and then it happens pretty seamlessly.  It would likely be Vodafone stopping your account early in that situation.  If your date has been moved with Openreach, they would also have informed Vodafone of that as well.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

Sorry. just re-read the thread, and looked at the calendar.  You haven't been cut off yet, it's just you're worried about downtime based on communications.

I'd phone Vodafone and find out what is going on.  You should be live with them until your switch on the 25th.

rod_maclean91
Hooked

Ok so I've just chatted with Vodafone and they assured me that it will be live until the 25th, the person told me "it will be cancelled on 25th of May, and you'll not need to get in touch with us again for the same issue, might be you've got the spam/ wrong mail, I would like to suggest you that it will be cancelled on your requirement date be assured of it, you've my words. And I would like to suggest you please ignore that mail. And I am assuring you that, you'll not need to contact us again for the same issue."

When I asked for an email to be sent with the correct date on it I was told, "I would like to inform you that, we don't have access to send the email, but I am sending you that text confirmation. Is this good for you?"

I'll spare the rest but after saying no I wanted an official email and 12 more assurances that I need not have to get in touch again about this issue I've settled with the transcript and an official Vodafone text confirmation saying:

Hi Roddy,

I can see your services will be cancelled on 25th of May, and it will be cancelled on the given date for sure.

Regards,
Vodafone.

Words cannot express how happy I will be to never have to deal with Vodafone again. The ordeal I had to go through from start to finish I can guarantee would be compensation worthy in multiple areas of their wrongdoing.

So if I take their word then the issue is sorted but 9 times out of 10 Vodafone would straight up lie to me or not do what I asked though would sound super helpful just so I would rate them well then do nothing about it.

Did receive another email from Plusnet today saying my direct debit has failed again. The info I gave is totally correct this time though, the first time it wasn't and it was my mistake. I just got an account with Chase for 1% cashback so I'll maybe try those account details.