cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access controls

Jo-78

Access controls

I am unable to create a group or to set any restrictions on the access control panel of my hub two
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Access controls

Hi there,

Do you get any particular error when you try? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jo-78

No there is no error that shows. The section you click on to create a group is grey and won't let you select. I have logged in with my admin password on the advanced settings but some of the options are still grey and not working
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@Jo-78 i found this description, on this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Access-Control-not-working-on-Hub-Two-after-reset/td-p/18779... , of how to create an access control group and add devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just tried using the latest hub firmware and things seem to be working OK for me. The following assumes operation via a desktop computer rather than a smartphone...

• Navigate to Advanced settings > Access Control > Groups, entering admin password of the hub when prompted
  • Enter name for custom group in the top-left field
  • Click 'Select device...' drop-down to the right of the new group, highlight a device and click 'Set'
  • Click the '+' next to the device drop-down of the new group
  • Click Save and wait for changes to be saved

This should create a group with a single device assigned to it that then appears in the lower list.

To add more devices...

• Click 'Select device...' drop-down next to the newly created group in the lower list, highlight another device and click 'Set'
  • Click the '+' next to the device drop-down in the lower list
  • Click Save and wait for the changes to be saved

To view what devices are currently in a group, click the right facing arrow to the right of the group row in the lower list (this may be the step you're overlooking?)

I'll be the first to admit that the interface for the Access Controls isn't the most friendly 😕

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that help ?

NB seems like you have to select a device to be in the group to allow a group to be created

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jo-78

Thats great that thank. It was probably because I was using a smartphone and assumed as most people use their smartphone for everything, that it would work on there.
Can you permanently block devices from using the router or would you have to change the wifi password to do that?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@Jo-78 I don't actually have my Hub 2 connected at the moment to check, but this post https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Plusnet-Hub-2-config/m-p/1873334#M31986 seems to indicate that a group with a start & end time of 12:00 am everyday will give a permanent block

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.