Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Snom VOIP base station through Hub Two

FIXED
DaveKennedy
Fixes: 1

Accessing Snom VOIP base station through Hub Two

Hi

I want to use Snom M9 VOIP phones but can't access the base station through the Hub Two router. Using the allocated IP address I just get the 'This site can't be reached' message whatever way I try to connect.

I can connect and configure the base station using a Vodafone router (I've just moved from Vodafone to Plusnet).

I've tried changing various security settings in the Hub Two but so far without success.

Can anyone suggest what I need to change please?

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Accessing Snom VOIP base station through Hub Two

Is the base unit getting it's IP using DHCP or does it have a manually assigned address ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveKennedy

DHCP at the moment.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case, there shouldnt be a problem. IIRC the default DHCP range for the HUb 2 is 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.200.

What IP address is the M9 getting ? You should be able to check it using the handset ( page 5 of the Admin guide here https://www.exteradirect.co.uk/download/product/002358/AdminGuide_snom_m9_en.pdf )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveKennedy

Fix

I think I've just sorted it. Although I was selecting DHCP that selection wasn't being saved.

I've just gone through the setup again and now I can connect, IP 192.1.168.66.

Many thanks. You pointed me in the right direction.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Glad its sorted.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro

Screenshot 2024-02-11 003136.jpg