cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another VPN Query (Sorry!)

Atuin

Another VPN Query (Sorry!)

Hello all,

I'm back to Plusnet after 6 years away using a different provider and different router which used OpenVPN.

Just been in to the configs for the Plusnet Two router, and it ways it supports VPN from most providers... that's helpful!

My main need it to connect my iPhone to this whilst I'm out, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much in the way of documentation on how to set VPN up. 

Assuming the iPhone uses it's own internal VPN client, how to I connect to my Windows Domain please?

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

Re: Another VPN Query (Sorry!)

@Atuin  Welcome to the community

The Hub two does not have a built in VPN client or server, it should pass VPN traffic with no issue.

I set up a raspberry pi as a wireguard server connected to a LAN port, this works very well for remote connections to my network

Atuin

Thanks @Dan_the_Van  - so I port forward to the domain server and let that handle it? Keen not to introduce any more unnecessary hardware.

The alternative is to go back to my Orbi router and just connect that to the Openreach Modem. Hmmm... only just thought of that one!

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

You could go for that route

If you are Full Fibre the Orbi could be connected directly to the ONT as that can be seen as a modem.

I run a Oracle VM Virtual Box, in the pass I have run both  OpenVPN and Wireguard  guest servers on that.