cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub2 IP range configuration?

MisterPlusBoy
Dabbler

Hub2 IP range configuration?

My previous 3rd-party router had some nice features like being able to set IP ranges for each ethernet port. So any devices linked to port 1 might be on 192.168.1.xxx, on port 2 192.168.2.xxx and so on. With having some home ethernet set up and a mesh WiFi it makes it easier to see at a glance which bit of the network a device is on.

I cannot see anything like that in the Hub 2 under http://.../my_network.htm are there some hidden settings?

I also am curious, I have DHCP turned on and in the list of devices, there is a mix showing (DHCP) and (Static). I would have expected all to be DHCP, is this a router or client issue?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: Hub2 IP range configuration?

I'm afraid the Hub 2 doesn't have those facilities. However there's nothing to stop you using the previous router,  assuming its not locked to another  ISP. What make/model is it?  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterPlusBoy
Dabbler

It's a decent tplink one we bought to improve the poor isp one previously on another ISP. We stopped using it only because we were asked to revert to the plusnet one while some issues were investigated, so maybe we'll swap back. Thanks.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

All is not lost, it is possible to list the devices connected to each LAN port of the Hub Two by clicking the port icon when in My network.

You have the ability to sort by various categories, Device Name or IP Address probably the most useful.

Regarding DHCP and Static IP address assignment it's what I'd call a feature of the device. I have a mixture of devices, it  all seems a bit random why a device appears as static when I know it's DHCP.

HTH

MisterPlusBoy
Dabbler

Thanks Dan. The settings aren't terrible just a bit more basic - I actually like the Hub2 for what it does and it's quite user friendly. Might give our other router a whirl - it lets you do groups and scheduling and throttling a few other bits and pieces.