cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: 8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

2 peeps I spoke to, said they moved in (not from this area), rang BT retail and ordered there package deal, got told upto 2 weeks to get connected...
Ok, granted............ it could be a case that the previous connection to that house was BTW, so the existing pair was still connected, so I guess that could help with them guys getting there connection a lot quicker.
My case is, the house was empty for like 3 - 4 months, and was on a Sky line, so I understand the pair was disconnected at the cab/exch...
But surely a level playing field should state that I can get a connection, just as good as anyone else..
It was just by chance from talking to that OpenReach guy the other week, who showed me that the Cab is full, and no free pairs, so its like a queue as such from Cease's to enable new connections, etc....
I just want PN to get onto OR like ASAP, as been waiting since 18th FEB, and its taking the pee big time now! Sad
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Townman
Agreed, but if enough people having such problems write direct to the CEO... how can he continue to ignore matters?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/business-commerce-inbox-outbox-in_box-out_box-sugge...; Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 167

HeHe,  Cheesy
If there are enough "suggestions" it will eventually take less effort to address the issues than to keep processing them through to the "circular non-retentive" folder.  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

StuartUK35
Grafter

Nearly 4pm, and still no Update from PLUSNET..
You cant give an update when I call, and nor on here, what hope do I have ????
hillyfields123
Grafter

Well MattyC was the last member of CRT to deal with your issue here.. Hopefully he'll pick this up for you
Especially considering as he's the man with the (provisioning) plans! Cheesy
StuartUK35
Grafter

Still Nothing.....
StuartUK35
Grafter

Last BS on here was:  (BS = Bull S....)
BTOR need to order a wire - 7th April
8th April - BTOR to install wire  (really, how pathetic for an excuse for delaying me even longer)
9th April - Update PlusNet with regards to BS no-work carried out
So, its now the 10th, and after 6 calls over past 2 days to PlusNet, I am told:
We cant call OpenReach for an update.
WTF ?????  Your a communications company, is it that difficult to pick up the phone ffs!
I do hope potential new customers read this before ordering with you.  You truly are letting me down as a customer, which in turn impacts me as a business customer too. 
The mere fact you wont call OpenReach just to find out what next set of BS is coming, is really taking the P*** !!!
If I delay my customers, I keep them informed, even when I have to give them Horse S***, I still keep them informed. FFS
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry, I've been on a different workflow this week. Will update the thread once I'm off the phone with Openreach.

Right, I have someone working on this first thing on Monday who will contact you. I've tried contacting the concerned team but have been unable to elicit a response. I have escalated it with their team leader and we should have an update by Monday. I can assure you that there's no point in ourselves slowing this down, and we're trying our best to get you up and running ASAP.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StuartUK35
Grafter

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Lets google:    expedite
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not really sure what you mean by that but it looks like it's been good news today. I have just dispatched your router for you.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Cheers for that.....
Here's something you don't see everyday..
A  BTOR guy came to the door 30 mins ago!
Came to check if a line runs from house to Cab !!  News I heard today was, that was happening on Thursday!
Great to see Comm's firms not Communicating!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Crazy
BT OR just confirmed to wife reason for delay, lack of pairs (exactly as I said)...  Apparently, BT have done some major messing up in the Gloucester area with lack of capacity as the guy was saying.  Seems to be more fire-fighting instead of being pro-active and fixing/building a solution.  Nothing new with BTOR  Sad
will do the 17070 when I get home, be funny if the line is live today...
itsme
Grafter

Is all the blame down to Openreach? Has the site been developed in 2 stages? If so perhaps the developers don't not inform Openreach.
Refer to Developers Guide. Openreach will only supply pairs from the exchanged to what the developers specified as they will pre-run cables from the PDP to the properties.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Will update the end to my saga soon, due to speak to the OR guy soon to get the full facts of this mess up....
MATTY C Smiley
Line done, I need next part, any chance you can help with that ? (or which dept do I contact if calling in) , expedite adsl.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Working on it now.

EDIT: We've contacted OR to get them to sign off the order. Will get them to update you again this afternoon.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Actually, don't bother (no offense).
After talking to your colleague 10 minutes ago on the phone, I am told I'm looking at next week to get broadband.
I raised an order with Sky 2 weeks ago, which I cancelled yesterday.  The completion date for Line & ADSL was 20th April.
Why can Sky complete a line & ADSL install on same day, yet PN cant Huh
If I would have cancelled my PN Long outstanding order and stuck with Sky, I would be online on Monday.
So despite my teleline going live a few days early compared with your last update, your still saying it will be next week when I get ADSL !! Tues or Weds!  WTF!
When I had an expedite with PN last year for our business, it was done in under 40hrs.
Its like the light in the tunnel just went out again Sad