cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

sylandalpin
Dabbler

Hello Fellow customers.

With all the bad customer service here at PLUSNET we ought to get together and take our complaints to Small Claims Court.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Hello Fellow customers.

awesome! for what exactly?
maybe we should have a class action! oh wait we're not in the states.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Count me out.
Fora like this are a self selecting minority with a very much greater proportion of people with problems and totally unrepresentative of the silent majority without any problems at all.
Follow the accepted faults procedure if you need help  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
picbits
Rising Star

No help from me here - totally happy with my service I'm afraid.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

@slandalpin,
Have you agreed to the engineer visit yet?  Posting in multiple threads does not assist the community in helping you.  You have at least three threads running.
Adie:green removed comment related to removed post

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sylandalpin
Dabbler

I have 3 threads running because no one listens, if the plusnet staff worked together then things might get fixed.Or  gets back to you when they should have done. Adam Walker was supposed to phone me Friday, said he would try and make it in the morning and guess what once again no phone call. The only way you can get anyone at Plusnet to acknowledge you is to put it on here. And the one's who are happy with what they have wait till things go wrong.
I'm paying over £30 a month for this rubbish and the small claims court will help to get a refund.
sylandalpin
Dabbler

If anyone thinks I don't have a problem try reading my other post.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Three topics merged to keep everything in one place.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well done Dick, having 3 posts running is not the way to try and get help from the community and will also confuse Plusnet staff about where to post next,never mind being contrary to forum rules Roll_eyes
@sylandalpin
You mentioned that the phone dropped out last Sunday, was this just a brief drop, or did it last any length of time, if so any idea how long?
Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls (eg. the phone rings then stops, but the caller is still on the other end)? Try the Quiet Line Test 17070 option 2 if need be.
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Anotherone,
If you read my posts you will see that my problem is with my internet, the phone did stop working for about 5 minutes and its been ok ever since. And if you read my posts you will see that I have said that I have done all the tests that PLUSNET asked me to do and I still have a problem. Its been going on for nearly 4 weeks now so instead of asking me if I have done this or that try asking why PLUSNET haven't sorted it out.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I've read your posts, they are all here, or can't you read  Roll_eyes
If you had any clue how broadband worked then you would have understood the reasons for my questions. This forum is not just a place for you to come and bitch and moan, it's somewhere for people that genuinely want help with their problem.
If you can't be bothered to post all the relevant information for the Community to help, so that we can then help steer you and/or Plusnet in the correct way, then if you are not satisfied with Plusnet then I suggest you Make a Formal Complaint using the Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice
It's also fairly obvious from the way you've been posting, your haven't read the Forum Rules either.
Perhaps I should remind you of the opening sentence to the thread
Quote from: sylandalpin
Can anyone tell me why I'm going round in circles trying to get my broadband sorted out?
sylandalpin
Dabbler

I don't know much about the internet you are right, I do know when I'm paying for a service and not getting it. The only reason I use this site is because its the only way to get someone from PLUSNET to respond and thats including the people who have nothing better to do than stay up all night just so they can comment on what people say. Its a pity you don't have more in your life.
dick:red Avoidance of swear filter removed along with abusive comment.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Sometimes, the way out of circles is to gain some understanding and apply self help, with the guidance of people who are content to help those experiencing difficulty - whatever time of day or night.  AO is a known night owl, sometimes does not sleep well and applies his expertise at such times to helping others, or at least those who accept the offers of help.
If you want help from the community, please read the speed issues thread - link below - and post back here the information requested.
You might not know much right now, but accepting a little of the help being offered here will help you acquire knowledge and knowledge is power.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

@sylandalpin
I'm arranging the engineer visit now and will be posting any further updates on ticket 105262987 for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sylandalpin
Dabbler

Hello Townman,
The only time I asked for help on here was when I asked if anyone could explain why I was going round in circles. I also stated that the only time I could get someone from PLUSNET to get back to me was on this forum. I had tried phoning, live chat, twitter, to get someone to call me back. I'm already seething and I don't need people who don't even work for PLUSNET to get involved with my problem with PLUSNET unless they are able to do something to rectify it. I'm normally a very placid bloke but I don't like to be spoken too like I'm some sort of idiot.