dogwhisperer
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just tried calling you, I'll call back at about 1 as requested.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
I am here now.....well at home... Smiley
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your phone call, you seem very helpful and with a sincere attitude of wanting to help me, from the test you did while on the phone we know now the problem seems most likely to be at the exchange....
While I was on another call later Rio (hope I spelt that right) from plusnet left a message to say he has done further tests which point to a problem at the exchange and that a BT engineer will check it out tomorrow....thanks for letting me know.....
Dare I say it.....that at long last we may be getting somewhere......

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Quote from: dogwhisperer
Hi Matt,
Thanks for your phone call, you seem very helpful and with a sincere attitude of wanting to help me, from the test you did while on the phone we know now the problem seems most likely to be at the exchange....
While I was on another call later Rio (hope I spelt that right) from plusnet left a message to say he has done further tests which point to a problem at the exchange and that a BT engineer will check it out tomorrow....thanks for letting me know.....
Dare I say it.....that at long last we may be getting somewhere......

I spoke to soon!.....what a waste of time this was!......
Plusnet told me that from the tests they did the problem is at the exchange and BT would check it out there today.......I got a knock at the door and it was BT, all they have been asked to do by plusnet is check my line attenuation by installing equipment at my house and going back to the exchange to see what the line attenuation actually is........the line attenuation is fine which is no surprise when all the problems I am having started at migration day.....ie which was done at the exchange!!!!!!!!!!!
So BT where NEVER going to look at anything at the exchange as plusnet told me.....
Also it would have been nice to know that a BT engineer would be coming round today as I could have easily been out......
Having given me the expectation that a BT engineer was going to check out the equipment at the exchange I am very disappointed to find out this was never the case.
Also BT confirmed to me that I am on the old ADSL and not ADSL2 which I have been on for ages and should be on with plusnet now, I queried this with plusnet when the migration happened as my router stats told me I was on the old ADSL ie my upload sync dropped from 700 ish to 448.....plusnet told me that I still am on ADSL2 .....when I am not......what the hell is going on here?....can't you even give me the correct information?......
I want plusnet to arrange IMMEDIATELY that I am put on ADSL2.....as I should be and that they told me I was on....
To tell a customer that BT is going to sort the problem at the exchange when all plusnet have done is ask BT to do a line attenuation test is a complete and utter JOKE!!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

To tell a customer that BT is going to sort the problem at the exchange when all plusnet have done is ask BT to do a line attenuation test is a complete and utter JOKE!!

I can assure you that was *not* what was requested and the engineer should *not* have attended your premises. The request was for a engineer to visit the exchange as an issue had been identified there. I'll ask the faults agent who was dealing with this to contact our suppliers again and find out what's happened here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
Are you also going to arrange to get me on ADSL2 as explained in my previous post?
Here is a clue of the problem I am having from the tests plusnet did yesterday....
xDSL Status Check
                                                Upstream DSL Link Information   Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss:                                11.0                                               27.0
SNR Margin:                        6.5                                                       16.5
Errored Seconds:                2                                                       1
HEC Errors:                               0                                                       NA
Cell Count:                                0                                                       0
Speed:                                     1016                                              7904
I am not getting the sync speeds shown, mine is 2183 kbps down and 448 up......
I have a line attenuation of 58db down and 16.5 up.........someone explain to me how it is possible to have the speeds shown in your tests with my line attenuation.......
dogwhisperer
Grafter

To top it all off, somehow BT have ruined the sync to my router after their test, before it was 2600 ish and now its 2183.......just great... Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dogwhisperer,
We'll arrange for ADSL2 but putting an order on the line will disrupt the faults process, I'd recommend waiting till things are sorted before we go about doing that.
Riyaz is in the office now (that's Rio who called yesterday) and he's chasing BT for you now. There should be another update coming shortly.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Matt,
I would think putting an order on for me to be on ADSL2 (as I should have been from the start) maybe a better way to fix the fault which is clearly at the exchange, ie they will have to change the wiring which is prob the cause of the problem in the first place or a line card problem perhaps, I guess you are saying that if you put us on ADSL2 I have to go through the joke 10 training period again even though I have had broadband for years and ADSL2 for a year or so at least......
None of these problems have been of my making, I cant complain to BT, only you, the migration was delayed at the start by 2 days as you know by a dsl layer error, I was wrongly put on ADSL and not ADSL2 and to top all of that I have a dial up like service.......and now I am playing piggy in the middle with you and BT....
So really I expect something done even if it means something  above and beyond what you normally do as this whole experience has been horrendous to say the least....
Lets see first how Riyaz (soz for getting his name wrong) gets on with BT this afternoon ( I won't hold my breath) and then go from there wether to put an order on to go on ADSL2.
How long will it take to get on ADSL2.....?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: dogwhisperer
I would think putting an order on for me to be on ADSL2 (as I should have been from the start) maybe a better way to fix the fault which is clearly at the exchange, ie they will have to change the wiring which is prob the cause of the problem in the first place

That was my reaction - it would force them to look at how your line is wired up. If the engineer in the exchange is such a muppet, even if this gets sorted the chances are he's going to mess it up again when he tries to move you to ADSL2+. Get over all the pain in one go would be my choice.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think that's a plan - I know he's got through and explained the issue, and there's another engineer going direct to the exchange (we have been assured) to sort this out. If there's no change, or if anything else happens, then I'll place the order to move you to ADSL2 tomorrow and it should complete the following day.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks Matt and jelv,
I have had 4 x disconnections this afternoon that have lasted around 1 minute with an orange light on the router, so I assume BT and or plusnet have been carrying out some tests?
The trouble is these dis-cons have degraded my sync speed down further to 2081........
Good idea Matt, lets do as you suggest......
I would also like to know why I wasn't on ADSL2 to start with......was this a BT error as well?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You have to migrate over like for like, so you'd only have got ADSL2 if you were on ADSL2 with your previous provider. If that was the case let me know and I'll do some investigating, but I suspect not.
The disconnections most likely are line tests, either from us or from BT when checking on the fault. Unfortunately there's not much we can do to improve speed when there's a fault open but as soon as it's fixed we'll be moving you to ADSL2 anyway.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Matt,  I have already explained that I was on ADSL2  with my previous provider (for at least a year or so) before I migrated to you......yes please investigate that......I assume I won't be charged for going over to ADSL2..?
If you remember when BT found a dsl layer fault when trying to do the migration thats when my router stats changed to the old ADSL.....it was only after their failed attempt to do the migration was when the stats changed to the old ADSL......that happened on the failed migration day, which delayed the migration by  2 days and then when I did migrate still on the old ADSL......before their failed attempt I was on ADSL2.....
So thats yet another thing that has gone wrong......I WASN'T migrated over like for like......geeeeeez