Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Query

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Re: Migration Query

Quote from: Chris
I've taken another look and none of the screenshots show anything notably wrong since the lift & shift took place. The BT Speedtest errors I wouldn't worry about, these can happen from time to time. The tracert you have supplied shows that the overall round trip was 24ms, this is perfectly normal for a tracert, the high value in the middle of it is simply because some of the core routers don't prioritise ping traffic above other traffic and can therefore appear large.
If you are seeing slowdowns at times other than peak, can you try a speedtest here and post the results? www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk

I will do some speed tests now and post them back here to show you.....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, I'll check the results when I'm back in the office tomorrow morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

But as explained before I am not getting the throughput when download as previously mentioned in this thread,, thats why they had to do the lift and shift at the exchange and I have still got the same problem in that regard.
Please see speed tests attached, as you can clearly see I am not getting anywhere near 2mb.......and even what I am getting I dont get the throughput as mentioned above....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for those results, they should certainly be higher than you're currently getting. I'll take a look in more detail tomorrow and see what we can do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

The tracert you have supplied shows that the overall round trip was 24ms, this is perfectly normal for a tracert, the high value in the middle of it is simply because some of the core routers don't prioritise ping traffic above other traffic and can therefore appear large.

Why did it take the wepage about 20 seconds to load, or do you call that accpetable?
I could send screen shots are far worse examples, but would I be wasting my time as it seems to me plusnet are looking for any excuse to try and fob me off now and plusnet will come up with other weak arguments in an attempt to convince me that all is at it should be when I know it is not, I have given you plenty of evidence and have seen none coming back.
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks for those results, they should certainly be higher than you're currently getting. I'll take a look in more detail tomorrow and see what we can do.

Thanks Chris.....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The time for the Plusnet portal web site to load should not be taken as any indication. We all connect to gateways in London, there's a wet piece of string from there to Sheffield where the portal servers are located.
The portal has been slow with frequent stalls for all the 8 years I've been a Plusnet user. They keep saying they will speed it up but it never gets much better. Sad I've got an excellent line, 8128 sync, 7150 IP Profile, a ping of around 20ms to London servers and I see frequent delays on the portal loading.
A far better test is the BBC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Thanks, BBC takes ages to load, probably on average 3 times longer than the plusnet portal...
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Some more info for you....
Things seemed to have improved looking at these latest speed tests, however the problem I am having is still the same, as you can see the latest tests I did are between 12.00am and 8.00 when there is no traffic managing and everything works at line speed.
The latest tests as you can see are all above 1mb and one nearly at 2mb.....BUT, I still cant watch anything on BBCi player, ITV player, Ch4 player or any You Tube video clip without it constantly pausing every few seconds making it impossible to enjoy watching.......all of those mentioned should play fine if getting 1mb and above download speeds....and downloading from a download site is still showing speeds of around 25 kb/s similar to the screen shots I supplied on the ticket.....
Something is clearly not right.......

dogwhisperer
Grafter

Also I was told that my upload speed would be uncapped as from yesterday and that still has not happened......why?...and when will it be uncapped?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Morning dogwhisperer,
I am sorry it seems that there was an issue with the order I submitted to remove interleaving and uncap the upstream. This is confirmed with a BT reference of 1-5343697388 and will complete on Monday.
With regards to the issues you have had downloading I have added some suggestions to your ticket. Please check that ASAP and let us know if you agree with what we are saying.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Afternoon Adam,
Sorry for my late reply have been out today....
I have replied to the ticket and yes lets give that a try.....
Still doesn't explain why I cant watch BBCi player, ITV player, Ch4 player or any You Tube video clip when, for example You Tube is not capped and operating at line speed.....
Thanks for the update about interleaving and uncapping upload....thats fine...ta
dogwhisperer
Grafter

I would just like to say, that even though this whole experience in the main has done my head in, there is something about plusnet I like and I am prepared to work with them and be as patient as much as I can be.....
It may appear at times I am having a go at the staff, but I do very much appreciate their efforts in trying to help me.
It may not mean much, but I would just like to say thank you for your help so far and I hope between us we can resolve the outstanding issues.....
dogwhisperer
Grafter

Over the weekend I have added a number of comments to the ticket system and supplied more evidence in the way of screen shots of how diabolical my broadband has been......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Thanks dogwhisperer,
The change I proposed has gone through and I will reply to your ticket shortly. I'll also add something about your current speeds as soon as I've been able to run some diagnostic checks to get more information on this.
In the meantime please refer to these pages which are a guide to download speeds on our products:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet_premium_archive.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team