Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My own personal recent experience of Plusnet

crowroad
Grafter

Re: My own personal recent experience of Plusnet

Quote from: James
Hi John,
To be honest, the actual address being wrong in the first place sounds like to could have been an error by the person taking the sale.
I don't know specifically where our post code checker validates the addresses from, but we would still have to manually enter/choose the first line of the address.

First of all, my complete thanks to Jelv who has doggedly pursued this issue here on my behalf, while I have been busy elsewhere (and I assure you as the affected user it was an issue; of COURSE I am CONCERNED Adam. Why else would I bother reporting it here?).
There was no PERSON involved at the point of sale, it was all done by your automated online web-based forms.  First of all, I will confirm again, that when I originally enquired of a Plusnet PERSON, & gave the (correct) postal address as flat 2/2  YOUR systems did not recognise that and you told me, as reported above, that as I didn't have a line at that address you would have to send an engineer to install one.  As I have had this line for over 30 YEARS, it is clear that you simply did not recognise that part of the address.
I then tried again online myself, and when it looked up the postcode it presented me with a list of ALL of the addresses at that postcode for me to select mine from.  NOWHERE was there a flat 2/2, but there was a flat 2/R!  Again these are presented by YOU from YOUR PAF file.
This is ALSO where the information in my address in your records was set.  I didn't type that, I selected it as the only MATCHING address from the PAF file details YOU presented to me.  I matched them because I know they are one and the same.  2/R is how the PO _used_ to refer to it 30 years ago, before all this ecommerce, and they then decided to standardise on a numerical format, and renumbered it 2/2.  Nobody asked, or indeed, told me.
So, as Jelv has already PROVED your PAF database is OUT OF DATE - well out of date by the looks of it,  probably at least 15-20 years out of date.
Why should I know I should have to CORRECT the address you forced me to give you (no other choice) afterwards?  After all, for all I know, it would (as it seems to be doing) confuse you entirely if I started to use an address different to those you hold in your PAF file.  What would happen if you sent an Engineer out to 2/R and he came back saying "there is no 2/R"?
So, if there is really ANY POINT to 'Your Feedback', then listen to your customers; treat what they tell you as accurate until it's acutally proven to be otherwise; investigate the source of YOUR error (rather than simply saying 'I don't know ....'); and FIX it so that some other poor sole doesn't have to tell you this too.
In the end, as I remarked to Jelv, it doesn't actually matter to ME whether or not you or BTOR know it as 2/R or 2/2. I'll still get letters from you both, as in practice the postie doesn't use either of them; but if these hiccups are to be avoided, it is clearly preferrable that you BOTH know it as the same thing.  And since yours is out of date, it's incumbent on you to fix it.
And if final proof was required, when I phoned your commissioning team about it on (appropriately) 1 April, and suggested they try flat 2/2 instead on the BTOR request, it worked!
crowroad
Grafter

Re: My own personal recent experience of Plusnet

Quote from: James
John
I don't think that the transfer failing has anything to do with the house number.  From what I can see we don't actually specific the house number in the order, only the post code and the telephone number.  The rejection appears to be down to a mismatch between two different order systems.
ERROR OR5235 - This order has been rejected by Openreach due to an address mismatch between CSS and Siebel in their records. Please send the number to the ORDI Robot or ask your line provider to send the number to the robot for correction.

Well, if you mean what you say, and you don't actually specify the 'house' number, all you give BTOR is only the post code and the telephone number, then my post code covers more than one building, each which has typically 8 flats in them.  How would BTOR know which off them to go to?
I know you have tower blocks in Sheffield,  Do you just give the hapless engineer a Post Code for one of them too?  Roll_eyes