cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN still in the lead here

thisoldman
Grafter

PN still in the lead here

yesterday i received form Bt    a card which said "you are cordially invited to become one of the better connected.
I laughed my head off.
In my wee road (rural) 9 people i know with bb 8mb get the following speeds
3 bt people    3,5mb
2 aol ppl          1,4
2 orange          2.7
1 pn                  5.2
i  itel                  3,6
i zd                      3,9

so i will most certainly not be joining bt.
All the bungalows are 9 years old and we are i.5 miles from exchange.
Pn is still the clear leader: so well done pn
12 REPLIES 12
Mand
Grafter

Re: PN still in the lead here

Smiley
That's ace.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its about time you went and got some referrals then
sassy62
Grafter

We are 2.5 miles from the exchange and dont get nowhere near 5.2 from PN...so you are doing well
pierre_pierre
Grafter

bit closer tahn you lot, just started the OFCOM/Sam Knows monitor, below since 19th  - synch at 8128
thisoldman
Grafter

well txs for all replies  I was getting 3.9 mb until  that wondefull lady called  MAND told me not to turn off my router power but to go to the home page and disconnect. Now the speed has recovered. I think pierre also mentioned that so all credit to both of them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Cheers,
I'll pass your appreciation on to Mand. Always good to see evidence of customer satisfaction Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
thisoldman
Grafter

tx you adam. if i may say so... you are doing a great job here since you arrived.
thisoldman
Grafter

Adam Walker:          just  two wee bones of contention although im not complaining as such.

1 the people with the slower speeds get faster d/l sppeds after 12am I was in a aol members hous with my machine/wireless and we compared d/l speeds. he beast me everytime, so what is better a faster d/l spped or a connection that is not subject to throttles.
2. The ffree usage  is not much use to pensioners like me who i assume are in their wee beds well befor midnight, nor is it fair to the thousands of customers who work shift esp nightshifts.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Thanks for the feedback thisoldman,
We do try and make it as transparent as possible as to what our services entail, what they can and can't do and try and help our customers find a package that suits their needs as closely as possible. With regards to the latter although it would be great in an ideal world  if  we could get this exactly right for everyone but we'd never be able to get this spot on for every single customer. If you take a look at this link it should  show you how traffic is managed at different times of the day on our packages:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml
With regards to free usage this all depends on what you want to do with your connection. If you are familiar with checking your usage online at https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php this should help you assess what most of your allowance is going towards. Also there are things that can be done to make better use of the free usage such as scheduling any downloads you need to perform or updates to take place during the night time hours.
Just let me know if you need me to elaborate on any of this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
bit closer tahn you lot, just started the OFCOM/Sam Knows monitor, below since 19th  - synch at 8128

Pierre...have you got a link for the bandwidth test..I looked all over their site and couldnt fnd anything..
I tried another one and got an 'amazing' 2.5  :D...mind you, we have the type of exchange where they plus in wires to connect you still!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

@ peckham pouncer its a long term test with a special router supplied by offcom,/sam knows
sassy62
Grafter

Ah right...funny enough I saw tht section...but I thought there may have been a testing page...no prbs...cheers.