cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net - negative.service

andre88uk
Dabbler

Re: Plus.net - negative.service

speed is 2 and a half times what it was.
There will be a remainder i am not doubting that at all nor do i have an issues over that amount. i do have an issue over the £35 or mobile calls which you have agreed to sort.
Upload still spikes at 1mbps then drops to 0.3mbps constant.
andre88uk
Dabbler

Ok this gets even better.. .Yesterday the phone was unbarred again.. gone to use it now and guess what "Having problems paying your bill...."
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another 2 hours on the phone today then ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

@andre88uk,
I'm not sure yet why call barring has been applied again, we're dealing with removing that now for you.
Apologies.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Great! [insert sarcastic smiley here]!!!!
Just spoke to someone and again was misinformed it is fixed and should be OK to use right away... And it isn't... do you have a higher than high escalation?
This is really taking the biscuit.
Also Tracey is in the billing team is absolutely spot on. Loving soothing voice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

do you have a higher than high escalation?

It depends what you want to achieve, I can deal with any issues you may have, however as far as I'm aware everything is in hand right now and we're just waiting for the call barring to be removed.
Just spoke to someone and again was misinformed it is fixed and should be OK to use right away

That's not what I gathered from speaking to the agent I spoke to so I'm sorry if that was the case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Dear Mr Smith,
As per our conversation today a call bar was again added to your phone, my college has removed this so your home phone should be again ready to use. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to call.
Kind regards,

And its not ... suprise sur-fricking-prise
This ticket clearly shows he implies it is immediately available
andre88uk
Dabbler

And to make matters worse my council tax is due today by a card payment over the phone and guess what.... I CANT MAKE CALLLS!
Adam can youcall me on the mobile number on the account ending in 932?
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can give you call but it would have to be later this afternoon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andre88uk
Dabbler

Ahh dont bother... Can you generate and email me a mac code. I will be leaving under the failing to provide goods and services clause for breach of contract
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That is one thing Adam can't do.
You have to ring in or write a letter.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, As Jelv rightly says I'm not able to deal with that. You'll need to speak with our customer options team if you want to cancel: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this not a matter for private discussion via phone call(s) or ticket, not for an open Forum ?
andre88uk
Dabbler

Plus. i tried that yesterday and was promised the same would not happen again... and it did happen again today. the very next day so no if this thread prevents another poor soul joining and getting a disgusting service then so be it.
Also i have done nothing but speak to customer options in the last 2 days its a joke. I need this phone line for important calls and twice through no fault of my own this has been messed up. The first time fair enough mistakes can happen but twice in 24 hours then people denying things are being said despite them being written in a support thread is a bit unjust.
Rippedoff
Dabbler

you hang in there Andre as this out fit is a joke!
WWWombat
Grafter

@andre88uk
I understand all the problems & frustrations you're having. Keep going with whatever complaint direction you're going.
However, I did want to comment on one tiny little aspect (and it took me a while to decide whether it was worth commenting)...
Quote from: andre88uk
I need this phone line for important calls and twice through no fault of my own this has been messed up.

On the second occasion, you did put yourself at risk of being messed up, by cancelling the Direct Debit. I know you had a valid reason, and didn't want that action to disable the line (indeed demanded that it didn't happen), and that Plusnet didn't want that outcome either. But by choice you made sure that a payment was going to be missed, and it all then came down to whether the technology behind the scenes could be made to ignore the missed payment.
You absolutely have the right to cancel the DD, and to complain to Plusnet. But in a risk assessment, you surely had to weigh up the importance of the calls that might be missed against the possibilty that cancelling the DD would cause exactly that to happen.
Please don't misunderstand me - this isn't about whether Plusnet were right or wrong. It is only about the risk of things going wrong, or making things worse, and whether you could live with that risk.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.