cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub2 location/extender

brookorchard1
Dabbler

Re: Hub2 location/extender

Thanks Brian. as it happens an engineer from OR has just called to say their team may arrive tomorrow to do sort out the pull through problem and i might be able to get them to put the spice point at a location from which we could run an external fibre cable to a better location from which an internal connection could then be taken for the box and hub. There is no obvious location for that but will now explore if something is possible along those lines.

brookorchard1
Dabbler

Thanks Dan, Flat cable is a great idea except we have solid floors. I appreciate that if we use mesh or extenders we will drop speed etc.

brookorchard1
Dabbler

Exactly that MisterW. I didnt seek an answer to a question I didnt know I had. Hey ho. Hope its worth it when we eventually get sorted.Thanks for your help.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Hope its worth it when we eventually get sorted.

it is! I've been on full fibre for around 2 yrs now. Your 300Mb is probably the most cost effective for a residential situation. Wifi maxes out at around 350 - 400 MB unless you have the latest wifi 6 capable router and devices, so a faster connection than that is largely unusable unless its wired to the device.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@brookorchard1 

Did OR appear yesterday?

Brian

brookorchard1
Dabbler

No, we were told they would be coming over the weekend but a no-show again. This visit is simply to unblock the duct that will be used to pull the cable through from the pole to the house. Once that is done and the cable pulled through the fun will begin.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@brookorchard1 

I suspect it's the type of job where OR can't predict how long it'll take so a teams tasking for any given day may include more work than they can actually do if any job takes longet than expected.

As previuosly stated they may be able to give some indication of the possibilities for the install so worth speaking to them if you see them.

Do keep us updated.

Brian

brookorchard1
Dabbler

Thanks Brian. I'm sure you are right although its unfortunate that they didnt do the work when they where working elsewhere around our village. If I happen to be at home when they eventually turn up I will discuss what's possible although its entirely unclear as to whether the team will be just dealing with the blocked duct with a separate team to actually install and connect the external connection box. It's a farce to be honest.

Will keep you in touch.