Did you mean: 

Localphone issues

FIXED
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: Plusnet Full Fibre

@Teece  did you get the Localphone issues sorted ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

No, still waiting for them to pick up the ticket.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Teece does the N300 show any status code when you try to call ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Teece
Rising Star

Hmm, where would I look? Can't see anything obvious in the Web UI.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It usually show the status code on the handset

Teece
Rising Star

Fixed at the LocalPhone end just now. Thanks for all the suggestions.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Did they say what the problem was ?

Just in case others have acsimilar issue

Teece
Rising Star

The response didn't say, but I have asked. I'll update here if there's any meaningful feedback.

Teece
Rising Star

Fix

Apparently, caller ID wasn't set correctly. UK law says that a call can't be made from a number that can't be called back.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

AIUI by default, unless you associate a 'real' number with your account , it will set a caller ID of your SIP ID.

I have two numbers associated with my account and have four options to set caller ID

either of the 2 numbers, SIP ID and Hide caller ID.

They appear to be saying that if you set it to SIP ID , then external calls won't work.

GC6 says

General Condition C6 requires communications providers to provide CLI facilities, unless they can demonstrate that it is not technically feasible or economically viable to do so. Where CLI is provided, it must include a valid, dialable telephone number which uniquely identifies the caller. 

So I guess they're correct, but then why provide the option to set it to SIP ID ? I guess it's only a requirement in the UK.