Lingering problems: copper cop-out?

FIXED
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Lingering problems: copper cop-out?

Fantastic news @redsox9 

I'm not sure why our previous testing didn't pick this up but sometimes it can take a few tests to find the cause of a fault especially when it's an intermittent fault

I think my colleagues would have plenty to say about multiple clones of me and most likely that one is too many!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
redsox9
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@MatthewWheeler
The ghost of disconnections past has returned. My BT telephone line is noisy and my broadband is intermittent. I reported the fault to BT. Openreach has allocated an engineer to investigate. BT texted that they aim to fix the fault by 2359 on Jan 8. That seems a long time. I would appreciate anything you can do to make it happen sooner.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that @redsox9 

If you've already raised it to BT as a landline issue we'll need to wait for that to be fixed first as we can't raise any new faults on the broadband whilst a phone fault is ongoing

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
redsox9
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My broadband and landline phone are back to normal. Openreach came and traced the fault to the line between the cabinet and the exchange, probably damaged by the recent storms. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great news! 

If you have any further issues let us know

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team