cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber broadband

Paulwalters290

Fiber broadband

I am having my broadband upgraded today but I don't have the new router.

What do I do?

Paul
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Fiber broadband

@Paulwalters290 what are you upgrading from & to ?

and which router do you already have ? it may be possible to use it whilst waiting for the new one

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Paulwalters290

I had ultimate fibre extra going to full fibre.

How can I chase my router?

The tracker shows no order

Paul
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@Paulwalters290 

I had ultimate fibre extra

So I'm guessing you have a Hub one? if so, then when you are upgraded to Full fibre, just disconnect the DSL cable and connect a Cat5e/Cat6 cable from the ONT to the red WAN port on the Hub one. It should just work without changing any settings. The ONLY proviso is that if you've gone for the 900Mb Full fibre , then the Hub one MIGHT not be capable of achieving the maximum speed.

How can I chase my router?

Either call Customer services or wait for a staffer to see this thread ( might be a while as they're very busy! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Paulwalters290,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear the new router's not arrived just yet. I can see that a member of our staff has had a look into this today and responded via the open support ticket on your account, which can be accessed here. Just let us know if there's anything else we can help out with and we'll be happy to assist Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team